by esteban003 Investigator
Investigator

Pipex e-mail address deactivated

Unfortunately, EE does not offer any longer e-mail addressers and my "Pipex" e-mail has been with Talk Talk ever since.

Now Talk Talk has decided to discontinue my e-mail service and they want £50.00 per year with a new Talk Talk e-mail account!

As a previous customer of Talk Talk, I was very happy with the service that I was receiving for my broadband, and home telephone and TV services. I only left Talk Talk when all my personal details were disclosed to fraudsters! I had to change my house telephone in order to block the nuisance calls that I was getting all day and night long.

I have been an EE customer ever since.

I understand that my “Pipex” e-mail address will be no longer available to me but this is the e-mail for all my online accounts and transactions!

I am extremely surprised that EE does not undertake this service for their customers and now I have to look elsewhere!

To suggest that £50/year is a reasonable fee, at short notice, is simply not an accurate reflection of todays cost. 

As I said before, I only left Talk Talk after all my personal details were all over the net and I now have an 18 month broadband and telephone plan with EE which I am unable to leave until the end of the contract!

Any suggestions on the best way forward?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Esteban

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Pipex e-mail address deactivated

Thanks! You're welcome 🙂 ! Glad I could be of assistance.

To give you an idea, I pay £11.99 / year for my own domain + £1.19 / month for an email service to my domain host.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Investigator

E-mail address

Unfortunately, EE does not offer any longer e-mail addressers and my "Pipex" e-mail has been with Talk Talk ever since.

Now Talk Talk has decided to discontinue my e-mail service and they want £50.00 per year with a new Talk Talk e-mail account!

As a previous customer of Talk Talk, I was very happy with the service that I was receiving for my broadband, and home telephone and TV services. I only left Talk Talk when all my personal details were disclosed to fraudsters! I had to change my house telephone in order to block the nuisance calls that I was getting all day and night long.

I have been an EE customer ever since.

I understand that my “Pipex” e-mail address will be no longer available to me but this is the e-mail for all my online accounts and transactions!

I am extremely surprised that EE does not undertake this service for their customers and now I have to look elsewhere!

To suggest that £50/year is a reasonable fee, at short notice, is simply not an accurate reflection of todays cost. 

As I said before, I only left Talk Talk after all my personal details were all over the net and I now have an 18 month broadband and telephone plan with EE which I am unable to leave until the end of the contract!

Any suggestions on the best way forward?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Esteban

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi @esteban003 

Welcome to the EE Community,

have you thought about creating a Gmail account ?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

GMail or Outlook.com or buy your own domain & you won't have this trouble in future.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

I have already a Gmail account on my mobile but on my desktop I am using my "Pipex" which is the e-mail address used by my wife and myself.

I don't have any e-mails going into my phone as I get a lot of rubbish on my desktop.

According to Talk Talk I have a couple of weeks to make a decision! All I have done so far is back up all my documents and e-mails on Outlook.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Even when Pipex goes your existing emails will remain on your PC in your email client.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @esteban003 

@XRaySpeX has given a good solution above to your problem. If these don't meet your needs then pay £50 and keep your old account. 

I'm not sure from your post what you are looking for? EE have never provided any email solutions. 

I've always found Gmail very reliable, especially their ability to filter spam. Their two stage authentication also keeps everything secure. Equally I have a domain and email which I pay for. 

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Northerner : Not never! Wife & I had EE email addys until June '17 when they ceased it.

Investigator

You are correct that EE don't provide e-mail services but for a time they did when they took the Orange network.

Anyway, thank you for your help. As I have never paid for this service since the "Pipex" days, I don't really know what is the going rate. Talk Talk are charging £5 per month, however, if you pay the full year in advance is £50.

I like the way my e-mails and folders are sturctured with "Outlook" on my desktop. Here is where all my "pipex" e-mails go to. I have a Gmail on my mobile with a different e-mail address and also a Hotmail with a different address. None of these accounts are link as I don't really want this to happen.

I am just wondering how much hassle would be to notify everyone on my contacts list of a new e-mail address or just pay the £50 to Talk Talk!

Thank you for all your advice with this matter.

by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Thanks! You're welcome 🙂 ! Glad I could be of assistance.

To give you an idea, I pay £11.99 / year for my own domain + £1.19 / month for an email service to my domain host.

View solution in original post

Investigator

Thank you for that information.

There are obviously cheaper options than paying £60 a year to Talk Talk, unless I want to keep the same e-mail address of "Pipex"

Again thank you.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions