Samsung Galaxy S8 - Get yours tomorrow
Highlighted
by
Investigator

Outlook and windows 10

Since i upgraded to Windows 10 in October 2016 I have not been able to send new email or forward email from outlook from my fslife email account on my pc. I have spoken with both EE and Windows but neither can resolve the problem.  I am sure it has something to do with the windows upgrade as I can still send and receive emails from my ipad using my fslife account.

I have read various posts and as suggested changed my smtp settings but to no avail.

As orange/fsmail in ending in May I was hoping to forward emails that I have saved,  to my gmail account.  I am aware that I can redirect all new emails to my gmail account which I have done but its the older ones that I have saved in folders that I wish to forward on.

If anyone has a solution I would be most grateful.

Thanks in anticipation

5 REPLIES
by
Grand Master

Re: Outlook and windows 10

Who is your ISP? If not EE, have a read of: EE/Orange eMails: Sending From Outside EE Home Broadband Network .

Why bother forwarding them to GMail when you already have them on your PC in Outlook?

How are you redirecting all new emails to your GMail account? Is that by Message Rules in Outlook? 

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
To phone EE: The local rate landline number 020 7362 0200 or Freephone 0800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
by
Investigator

Thank you XRaySpeX for your response. My ISP is EE.

I was under the impression that I could not access my mail in outlook using my fslife email address after 31st May- if I can then i dont have a problem keeping them where they are.

I am redirecting to my gmail account from gmail settings following the instructions below from EE:

Here's how to import into Gmail:

1. Login to Gmail
  2. Choose settings (top right hand corner)
  3. Select ‘Accounts and Import’
  4. Select ‘Import Mail and Contacts’

Follow these steps:

1. What account do you want to import from: enter your Orange email address and click continue
  2. Enter the password for your account:
  3. POP username: enter the bit after the @ from your orange email address. For Orange.net or FSMail.net addresses you need to enter your full email address including the bit before the @
  4. POP server address: enter pop.orangehome.co.uk
  5. Make sure you tick the box ‘Import mail’ and any other of the options you choose
  6. Then click ‘Start import
  7. Once it’s completed, check that your emails have been copied across successfully
by
Grand Master

Ah, OK, you are using GMail Import to pull them into GMail from the Orange server.

Any emails you have in your email client on your PC stays on your PC even after Orange email closes. Only the Orange servers are going, not anything already on your PC, Dunno where you got that impression. Your PC reads from the Orange server, not the other way round.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
To phone EE: The local rate landline number 020 7362 0200 or Freephone 0800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
by
Investigator

Thanks for your help, much appreciated.

by
Grand Master

You're welcome Smiley Happy! Glad I could be of assistance.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.