by Profile closed
Not applicable

Orange IMAP email settings and orange.net password tips

These are the Orange IMAP email settings that will work with any Orange email address:

IMAP

Incoming IMAP Mail Server:

• imap.orange.net

IMAP Username:

• mobilenumber@orange.net
  • example@fsmail.net
  • example@orangehome.co.uk
  • username.orangehome.co.uk
  • username.wanadoo.co.uk
  • username.freeserve.co.uk
  • username.fsbusiness.co.uk
  • username.fslife.co.uk
  • username.fsworld.co.uk
  • username.fsnet.co.uk

IMAP Password:

• POP Password (orange.net)
  • Webmail password (all others)

IMAP Server Port:

Use SSL: No

SMTP (if needed)

Outgoing SMTP Mail Server:

• smtp.orange.net
  • smtp.orangehome.co.uk

SMTP Username:

• Same as IMAP

SMTP Password

• Same as IMAP

SMTP Server Port:

• 25 (EE mobile and broadband only)
  • 587 (all providers)

Use SSL: No

orange.net POP password

Your POP password was created when you first registered for Orange online. Unless you have changed it since then by logging in to webmail online and navigating to my settings>change POP password it is set to the original password you chose by default. If you have changed your online password after registering your POP password may not have changed along with it.

Still stuck?

If you are unable to remember your POP password or it is not working then try and log in to your profile page and change your online password:

https://web.orange.co.uk/id/profilemanagement.php

Then try your new online password for your POP password.

Please tap reply if you have any problems and I will do my best to help!

🙂

36 REPLIES 36
by Lyndie Investigator
Investigator

Re: Orange Email Closure: orange.net POP3/IMAP4 Password Tips

Tom - I love you.

Using the POP password worked. Not seen this mentioned anywhere else so a huge thank you. Just wish I'd asked hours ago.

xx

by Profile closed
Not applicable

😄 you are welcome @Lyndie glad to hear it is now working for you.

Hopefully the import does not take too long now. Come back to the community anytime if there is anything else you would like to know. 🙂

by Lyndie Investigator
Investigator

One more question if I may. Will the transfer of emails to my orange account now move automatically to my gmail account, or will I have to transfer recent ones up to May 27th?

Thanks.

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hello @Lyndie any emails that are sent to your orange.net email account will still go there and not redirect to your Gmail email account no. Whether Gmail then carries on importing these automatically after the initial import or whether you need to import them again yourself depends on how you set up the import. :):

https://support.google.com/mail/answer/21289?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en

by Lyndie Investigator
Investigator

Thanks again Tom. 

A lot of work to put everything back into folders........ Back to it 🙂

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hello @Lyndie let me know how you get on. You will be a pro by the end of it. 🙂

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Lyndie: Provided you have left the GMail Import in place it will continue importing your new Orange emails until Orange closes.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by KevinW Investigator
Investigator

Re: Orange Email Closure: IMAP4 email settings and orange.net Password Tips

Have tried to import my Orange emails into Outlook. The settings appeared to be ok and Outlook said that it was retrieving my emails (and it may take some time). It has created a new folder (I selected the option to keep the structure from my original Orange email), but when I look inside it is empty. I kicked this off over 12 hours ago.

by
EE Employee

Hi @KevinW

It can take some time for them to start coming through.

Thanks - Karen. :smileyhappy:

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@KevinW: Are you expanding that new folder to see an Inbox? Then clicking on that Inbox? Is that empty?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hello @KevinW are you using connected accounts via the outlook.com site or the Outlook desktop program on your PC/laptop?

Are you using the main email address that came with your account (example.username.orangehome.co.uk) or an alias (example@orangehome.co.uk)? 🙂

by KevinW Investigator
Investigator

Thanks for the responses @Karen_C, @Profile closed, @XRaySpeX.

I am using connected accounts via the outlook.com site.

Anyway, after logging out and back into the account, the display had refreshed and the new folder now had the expansion button next to it (can't say for sure that it wasn't there all the time). I can now see my original inbox and all other sub-folders full of the emails I was hoping for - happy days.

Cheers all.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@KevinW: You're welcome :)! Glad I could be of assistance.

Yes, I had trouble with that expansion marker. Couldn't get it to open for ages.

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hello @KevinW glad to hear it is now working properly for you. Come back to the community anytime if there is anything else you would like to know. 🙂

by
EE Employee

Fantastic! :smileyvery-happy:

No problem at all @KevinW

Have a lovely weekend! 

Thanks - Karen. :smileyhappy:

by Joymac54
Explorer

HI,

How do i transfer my emails over. I have tried adding another account to my outlook but it just keeps saying no account found

Any help is most apreciated

Joy

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Joymac54: Which Outlook? The Outlook email client program on your PC or the Outlook.com Webmail?

What domain is your email addy on (the bit after your name)?

by Joymac54
Explorer

Hi,

I cant add my old orange email to outlook. Can you advise how to do it as i have photos saved in a folder which would like to try an access

Joy

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Joymac54: Please would you just answer my questions& I may be able to help you.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.