by
EE Community Manager

Orange Email closure: What you need to know

[ Edited ]

If you use an Orange Email address, this post is for you. Here’s everything you need to know about the closure of Orange Email:

When are we closing Orange Email?

Orange Email will be closed on 31st May 2017. After this date you won’t be able to send or receive any emails with your Orange address, or be able to access emails saved to that account.

If you have important emails saved in your Orange Email inbox, you’ll need to send these to an alternative email address. And if you use your Orange Email as the contact address for other services, you’ll need to give these services an alternative address.

Find out more about what you need to do ahead of the closure > 

Why are we closing Orange Email?

Years ago, we’d give all new Orange customers a free email address – as did many other providers at the time. These days, there’s a huge variety of free email providers – the likes of Google, Hotmail and so on – that offer a far more advanced service than Orange Email was set up to provide.

We’ve not given an Orange Email address to new customers since 2012, and with a declining number of users it makes sense to close the service. It means you’ll be able to switch to an email provider with more benefits and better features.

Read our guide to switching to a new email account > 

Who's affected?

These are the email addresses we’ll be closing on 31st May:

• Orange.net
  • Orangehome.co.uk
  • Wanadoo.co.uk
  • Freeserve.co.uk
  • Fsbusiness.co.uk
  • Fslife.co.uk 
  • Fsmail.net
  • Fsworld.co.uk
  • Fsnet.co.uk

Find out more about who’s affected by the closure, and what you need to do ahead of 31st May.

If you use one of the addresses above, we’re here to help – feel free to ask any questions you have in the comments below.

Read our dedicated Help page for more information on the Orange Email closure >

2 REPLIES
by
Brilliant Contributor

Re: Orange Email closure: What you need to know

It is not true that EE stopped issuing Orangehome email addresses in 2012. These are still issued and available to this day. I personally received my Orangehome email address when I signed up for EE BB again late 2013. Smiley Happy

by
Visitor

Re: Orange Email closure: What you need to know

Thanks - I have stuck with your organisation for many years to preserve my Freeserve address - I can now play the field & get a BETTER DEAL

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.