by thejamer Investigator
Investigator

My emails have all disappeared from my FSMail account for 2 years can I get them

I received an email saying the fsmail email would be closing in May but today half of my emails have disappeared from my account and all were extremely important. My email is not full and nor was it. Please can anyone advise how I can retrieve the emails. Thank you in advance 🙂

16 REPLIES 16
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: My emails have all disappeared from my FSMail account for 2 years can I get

Have you connected to your FSMail account from any other email provider or an email client/app on PC or mobile? Have you been following EE's recommendation of importing into GMail?

Were all the missing emails from the Inbox only?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by thejamer Investigator
Investigator

Hi, I have done none of those, logged in the same as normal plus it doesnt close till May so have not started any procedure. Yes, only missing from inbox 🙂

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Only missing from Inbox indicates that there's some POP3 service connected that's not leaving msgs it's read on the server.

When did you last see these missing msgs?

Have you ever in the past tried to set up a POP3 access to it but it didn't work then?

Are you running any mail client, like Outlook, on your PC?

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by thejamer Investigator
Investigator

There is nothing changed on my computer and the way I log in. Plus I have an anti virus and a firewall. The only thing that would be added is something Orange have added then. How do I get my emails back.?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

AV & Firewall don't come into it.

by thejamer Investigator
Investigator

So do you know how to get my emails back. Are you suggesting orange have added a POP3 and are storing me emails on it?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

I may be able to say when you answer all my Qs.

by thejamer Investigator
Investigator

I have answered everything you have asked.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

When did you last see these missing msgs?

Have you ever in the past tried to set up a POP3 access to it but it didn't work then?

Are you running any mail client, like Outlook, on your PC?

by thejamer Investigator
Investigator

Last seen them yesterday.

Have you ever in the past tried to set up a POP3 access to it but it didn't work then? - NO.

Are you running any mail client, like Outlook, on your PC? - NO.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Then as far as I can see you've lost them, but I can't explain why.

Just 1 faint final chance - Are you running any mail app on a mobile?

Oh, I presume you've looked in the Deleted folder?

by thejamer Investigator
Investigator

I dont access it from my mobile at all.

Nothing in the deleted folder and I would of seen if they were in there as I delete unwanted emails straight away and empty deleted ones with the storage being so small. There is around 40 emails missing so if they had went into deleted I would have had to empty two pages if that makes sense. Plus I always double check before deleting anything.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@thejamer wrote:

I dont access it from my mobile at all.

No, but I was trying to glean if you were accessing anything else from a mail app. Same goes for your PC.

by thejamer Investigator
Investigator

Re: 2 months warning of the closing down of email service is way too short.

Hi Richard,

Problem cant be resolved as I think a big company like yourselves should avoid the negativity it is causing yourselves by closing peoples email accounts that they have had for years and years.

I have another issue in the fact that since the notice my inbox emails have disappeared for the past 2 years but others prior to that remain. Can you help please.

Thanks for your time 🙂

by
EE Community Support Team

Re: 2 months warning of the closing down of email service is way too short.

Hi @thejamer

I'm going to tag in @XRaySpeX for some help with this if he oblige please?

Thanks

Richard

🙂

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Richard_C: I am already trying to help @thejamer in his this own thread but I cannot explain his missing emails.

I do see a scenario that would explain this but the OP does not satisfy the conditions needed for that scenario. It would require the OP to be running a POP3 mail client accessing his FSMail mailbox, perhaps unknown to him, but he states that he is not using any POP3 mail client.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.