Highlighted
by AndyBod
Explorer

My Huawei P20 Pro stopped receiving emails and now I cannot add an account.

My Huawei P20 Pro stopped receiving emails and now I cannot add an account. I get to the server settings and when I press NEXT I get "Login failed. Setup failed. reasons may be the user name or password is incorrect.

The IMAP/SMTP service is disabled. Enable the service and try again (how?)"

Yes I am connected to the internet and my iphone/tablet/PC all work correctly with the same settings I am trying to enter. Can anyone help?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by AndyBod
Explorer
Solution

Re: My Huawei P20 Pro stopped receiving emails and now I cannot add an account.

It turns out that using sky email with an App you now need to generate a 16 digit password. When I did all was well but finding that out was a nightmare

5 REPLIES 5
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@AndyBod : Are your working iPhone/Tablet/PC all using IMAP or POP3 to receive emails?

Why is your Huawei not working on email preventing you adding an a/c to MyEE? You can receive the verification email just as well on the iPhone/Tablet/PC.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @AndyBod 

Try going into settings then applications/apps management, find the app and then clear the cache/data. That should wipe the account. 

You can then add your account again. 

If it's Gmail you use, then download the app as it's much better. 

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by
EE Community Support Team

Welcome to the community, @AndyBod🙂

How are you getting on? Have you managed to get access to your emails?

Who is your email provider?

Chris

by AndyBod
Explorer
Solution

It turns out that using sky email with an App you now need to generate a 16 digit password. When I did all was well but finding that out was a nightmare

by
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for coming back to us with your solution, @AndyBod.

Hopefully, you posting this will help someone else who's having the same problem in future. 🙂

Chris

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.