Highlighted
by
Investigator

Move sent mail from fsmail.net to gmail

Hi

I've transferred my inbox from fsmail.net to gmail, but cannot move my sent mail. I've tried setting up Thunderbird, because someone said I could work the transfer that way. But while I can see gmail, I cannot register fsmail.

Any ideas?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by
Grand Master
Solution
Accepted by XRaySpeX (Grand Master)
‎20-03-2017 07:17 PM

Re: Move sent mail from fsmail.net to gmail

[ Edited ]

You should be able to set up your FSMail.net in Thunderbird. Use the settings I give in What Data do you Need to Transfer your Orange Emails to Another Provider? under the @FSMail.net column together with the SMTP table below it.

I have discovered you can read your sent items from a FSMail.net mailbox into a email client, providing you 1st move them into the Inbox.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
To phone EE: The local rate landline number 020 7362 0200 or Freephone 0800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
7 REPLIES
by
EE Community Support Team

Good afternoon @moving_on

Welcome to community Smiley Happy

Have you seen the Fsmail importing email issues  post?

Hopefully this will give you the answer you need.

If you need any further support please let us know.

Thanks

Richard

Smiley Happy

by
Investigator

Hi Richard

Thanks for your reply. I've looked at a good number of posts on the subject of moving from fsmail to gmail. My inbox transferred without problems once I had entered the correct pop names, etc. But, no posts seem to mention the issue of transferring the sent mail folder to gmail. Has anyone achieved this and how did they do it?

by
Grand Master
Solution
Accepted by XRaySpeX (Grand Master)
‎20-03-2017 07:17 PM

[ Edited ]

You should be able to set up your FSMail.net in Thunderbird. Use the settings I give in What Data do you Need to Transfer your Orange Emails to Another Provider? under the @FSMail.net column together with the SMTP table below it.

I have discovered you can read your sent items from a FSMail.net mailbox into a email client, providing you 1st move them into the Inbox.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
To phone EE: The local rate landline number 020 7362 0200 or Freephone 0800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
by
Investigator

Hi XRaySpeX,

With your help I have solved my problem, which like many things, is easy when you know how.

For the benefit of anyone else with this issue, here is what I did. In fsmail:

• selected the sent folder
  • selected all the e-mails I wished to transfer
  • clicked on the Move button, then Inbox from the drop down menu

The files moved across to the fsmail inbox and then automatically into my gmail account inbox.

In gmail:

• set up a label called Orange Sent (any wording will do)
  • moved the sent files across to that, thus separating them from real inbox messages

So, no need for Thunderbird at all. Nevertheless, I did get fsmail to work following your What Data do you Need to Transfer your Orange Emails to Another Provider? list.

Just two issues to be wary of:

1. On my display, the server username had a hyphen between orange and home, probably automatically inserted by the EE editor software - enter orangehome as one word.
  2. I entered 25 as the smtp server port - but that didn't work. I changed it back to Auto and it did work, returning a value of 587.

Thanks again for your assistance.

by
EE Community Support Team

Glad you are now sorted @moving_on

Many thanks,

Lee

by
Grand Master

[ Edited ]

You're welcome Smiley Happy! Glad I could be of assistance.

SMTP port 25 should work when you are on EE's BB network but port 587 will do equally as long as you say it requires authentication and works over any network/ISP.

Who is your ISP? If it is not EE port 25 will be blocked to it. I'll add something. Thanks for pointing this out.

by
Investigator

Hi XRaySpeX,

In the distant past, I signed up to Freeserve and have clung on to my fsmail e-mail ever since. My current broadband provider is the Post Office. But I suspect they just collect the money while TalkTalk do the work.
Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.