by Anndy
Explorer

Is this a scam

Twice I have had an email saying

Important Security Information – Please Reset Your Password

At EE, we take your security and privacy extremely seriously. We’re always working to improve the ways we protect your data, and that includes searching the parts of the internet that fraudsters use to make sure that information found online doesn’t put your data at risk.

In a recent routine search, we’ve found a username and password combination that matches your EE login details. This sometimes happens if you use the same username and password for other companies and services, and one of those services suffers a data breach. This can also occur when fraudsters use phishing or other methods to try to get your information.

5 REPLIES 5
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Is this a scam

Hi @Anndy 

Yes it's a scam.

Regrettably in 2020 EE still don't have two stage security on their accounts, so my recommendation is that you have a unique password you only use for your EE account. 

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Who was the email from?

Did the email contain a link ? What is it? 

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@XRaySpeX 

It's a scam EE would never send an email like that. 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Anndy
Explorer

The email is from 

ee@eemail.ee.co.uk

which is the same email address if I reset my password I believe the email might be genuine as I have now found my email and password on a web site that is showing hacked address I believe ee are also seeing it and that’s why I’m getting these notifications from ee the password on the site no longer matches any of my passwords i believe my password was hacked from words with friends the website has thousands of emails and address on it not sure if I’m allowed to say what web site

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Yes, Google & Firefox will also monitor your email addys like this for breaches, if you want.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions