by debradeller Investigator
Investigator

Is email aem@prod.odinfra.com genuine as I have a lost phone to return

I have found a phone and filled in my details on the EE website but the confirmation email to say they will send a bag out for me to post it back doesn’t look like an ee address the address is aem@prod.odinfra.com can you tell me please if this is a genuine address 

7 REPLIES 7
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Is email aem@prod.odinfra.com genuine as I have a lost phone to return

@debradeller   What web page have you used to fill in to send in the device? 

Investigator

It was an EE website and it did look genuine I am probably being over cautious as you hear about all sorts of scams 

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

This one?

https://ee.co.uk/help/help-new/safety-and-security/lost-stolen-and-damaged/found-a-lost-phone

You could also just hand it into a police station if you can find one that's open?

Investigator

Yes that’s the one I used 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

odinfra.com is a domain belonging to EE under the Orange brand. They presumably use it for emailing about lost phones, It should be safe as it came in response to filling in that EE webpage.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

Thank you that’s helped put my mind at rest 

Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Thanks! You're welcome 🙂 ! Glad I could be of assistance.

Post the return label addy when you get it. That should be easy to check.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.