Samsung Galaxy S8 - Get yours tomorrow
by
EE Community Manager

How to export contacts from your Orange Email account

[ Edited ]

In preparation for the closure of the Orange Email service you may want to save your contact list and then import it to your new email account. Here's our step by step guide for exporting your contacts from Orange email and further down the page you'll see how to import the contacts into Google for your Gmail account.

Please note that the instructions for FSMail users are slightly different as the export process described below does not work for FSMail. If you are a FSMail user our suggestion is that you take a screen shot of each page of contacts and manually enter them individually into another service such as Gmail.

How to export your contacts  

• Click on the ‘contacts' tab at the top of the page

Click the "contacts" tabClick the "contacts" tab

•  Click on ‘export contacts’ in the left hand menu

Click on ‘export contacts’Click on ‘export contacts’

• Select the format in which you would like to export your contacts using the drop down menu

• Click ‘next’ at the bottom of the page

Click ‘next’Click ‘next’

• Select the contacts you wish to export using the check box against each contact. (Tip: To select all, click the check box in the header next to the ‘first name’ column)

• Click ‘export’ at the bottom of the page

Click ‘export’Click ‘export’

• Choose to save the file

Click "save file" and then "OK"Click "save file" and then "OK"

• Click ‘finish’ within the contacts page on Webmail

You can now use this CSV file to import your contacts to an email client such as Microsoft Outlook, or to another email provider such as Google. 

How to import your contacts into Google/Gmail:

• Select ‘Import contacts...’ in the left hand menu

Select "Import Contacts"Select "Import Contacts"

• Click the ‘Browse’ button to select the location of your CSV file that you exported from Orange Webmail, then select ‘Import

Select "browse" then "import"Select "browse" then "import"

Here's a really useful video to show you how you how to set up an auto reply:

For any customers who are using Outlook with their email account, we’ve found a handy guide on the Microsoft support pages, that may help you transfer your contacts using a CSV file.

Create or edit.csv files to import into Outlook

62 REPLIES
by
Visitor

Re: How to export contacts from your Orange Email account

I have been using fsmail.net as my primary email address for nearly 20 years and I have set up a new gmail account to take over.

Alas, as so often in these how-to guides, I have run into a problem at a very early stage - namely there is no "manage contacts" button that comes up when I click the Contacts Tab and therefore no "export contacts list".  I don't know whether this problem applies to all fsmail.net users.

Any suggestions?

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @daveontechie,

Welcome to the EE Community.

What options do you have in the contacts tab?

Thanks

James

by
Grand Master

@davenontechie, @James_B. @TiffJ:

You cannot export contacts from FSMail.Net a/c's. There is no Export Contacts under My Contacts, only :

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
To phone EE: The local rate landline number 020 7362 0200 or Freephone 0800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
by

Thanks for this information @XRaySpeX

@James_B has gone home for the night so I will make him aware of this.

by
Investigator

Im having the same difficulty with contacts and the account will not export either using your "simple" guide either. It keeps on saying gmail couldnt identify your POP server as per your instructions.

by
Grand Master

[ Edited ]

@gogzmck: You don't use POP3 for importing contacts to GMail, only for importing the emails in your Inbox. Is that what you are taking about?

For importing your FSMail.Net emails, you should tell GMail that your POP3 settings are:

Account: Your FSMail.Net email addy

Password: Yours

POP Username: Your FSMail.Net email addy, i.e. "YourName@fsmail.net"

POP Server pop.orangehome.co.uk

Port: 110

SSL: OFF

EE's advice was aimed at the BB provided emails, not FSMail.net, which is different from the rest in that your name appears before the '@' not afterwards.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
To phone EE: The local rate landline number 020 7362 0200 or Freephone 0800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
by
Investigator

Thats what ive repeatedly done for the last 2hrs,?trust me it doesnt work.

Sent from my iPhone
by
Investigator

What do we do if its an FS account, you have no material on it and your staff dont seem to know?

by
Grand Master

[ Edited ]

@gogzmck: Others have done it with FSMail.net - see Moving fsmail to gmail . Trust me, you must have a setting wrong.

by
Investigator

Says the PopServer is wrong.
by
Grand Master

@gogzmck: What is your POP Server, Port, POP Username & SSL setting?

by
Investigator

What it says on your EE email.
by
Grand Master

@gogzmck: Why not read them out so someone else can check them? 2 heads are better than 1.

by
Explorer

Hi,

I'm trying to export my mail to gmail but im getting the message below?

Gmail couldn't identify your POP server. Please enter your POP server information below.

My username etc is as below. What di i need to do?

POP username:

oes@orange.net

POP server:
pop.orangehome.co.uk

Port: 110 

by
Grand Master

@thumpermike wrote:

POP username: oes@orange.net

I understand that for Orange.Net your email addy is MobilePhoneNo@Orange.Net , not some name in front of the '@'.

by
Explorer

Hi,

Just tried that three times and I'm getting the same message.

by

Hello @thumpermike

Have you tried deleting cookies and cache in your web browser settings?

There is some helpful info on the Gmail help pages.

Let us know how you get on!

Thanks - Karen. Smiley Happy

by
Visitor

Just to say I was experiencing the same trouble when trying to import my emails to my gmail account. The pop server was saying it wasn't recognised.

I have now entered my actual (whole) email account in the first half

and on the second half of the pop server requirement I entered: pop.orangehome.co.uk

I am now sorted. Hope this helps others.

by
Grand Master

Well done, @sortedatlast, that's the way to do it Smiley Happy.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.