by gepuk2001 Investigator
Investigator

Hello, got the Samsung S10. Need email help

Hello all, got the Samsung S10.  The emails download to my Mobile only, and I need them to also download to my computer, where is the Setting to do the please, I have searched, cannot find, thanks  Gepuk2001 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Profile closed
Not applicable
Solution

Re: Hello, got the Samsung S10. Need email help

@gepuk2001 ahhh, Windows Live... Your problem probably lies within that and it's settings. I never did like Windows Live. Yes, I recall that Windows Live does have options in its settings to receive or not receive already read emails. I suggest that you look at the Windows Live settings. 

5 REPLIES 5
by Profile closed
Not applicable

@gepuk2001 did you get your S10 through EE? What email app are you using on your phone and what email retrieval system are you using on your PC? Go into the settings of the app on your phone email app and see if you've restricted incoming email to it only... 

Are you syncing? If you are using gmail for example you need phone and PC to sync with gmail... 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@gepuk2001   Login to the same email account via your email client on your PC.  

by gepuk2001 Investigator
Investigator

Hello, got whatever Samsung email client comes with phone.  Use Windows live email on my Laptop.  Don't understand Restricted what you mean, there's no Restricted mentioned in Samsund email settings.  Thanks for your replies, Gepuk2001 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Who is your email provider? If it is GMail you might need to do some jiggery-pokery at the server end.

Have you set up Windows Live Mail (WLM) to read & send from it? You'll find these settings under File / Options / Email A/c's... where you can add or amend your email addy settings. The server settings you need will be much the same as you did for your mobile.

Decide whether you want to be able to read your emails on your mobile after you have read them on your lappy, effectively using the lappy as the repository of all the emails you want to keep, or not?

In all PC email clients there is setting "Leave a copy of msgs on server?". Only tick this if you want to read your emails on your mobile after you have read them on your lappy, In WLM you will find this setting under your email a/c's Properties / Advanced. If you do leave a copy on the server you may also choose to delete them from the server whenever you delete them from WLM. You'd want to do this with emails you're not interested in or are just needed to be read once.

It does not matter where you bought your mobile from. This is entirely between you & your email provider's servers. EE does not come into it other than as a carrier of emails like the rest of the Net. Nor do mobiles restrict the reading of emails to themselves alone.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Profile closed
Not applicable
Solution

@gepuk2001 ahhh, Windows Live... Your problem probably lies within that and it's settings. I never did like Windows Live. Yes, I recall that Windows Live does have options in its settings to receive or not receive already read emails. I suggest that you look at the Windows Live settings. 

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.