cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Delivery Information by Email?

Willum8
Explorer

My current phone recently broke, so I ordered a new pay as you go phone from EE. I got an email stating I would receive a delivery update by text. However, I an unable to check my texts because my phone is broken. Is it possible to send the delivery update by email?

13 REPLIES 13
BrendonH
Community Hero
Community Hero

Not really as DPD will be contacting you via text. Can you not borrow a phone for the time being?

BrendonH (Android Expert) Google Pixel 8 Pro Obsidian Black (Android 14)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below

I've been trying to, but few people seem to have an unlocked phone.

Thanks for the answer.

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Willum8,

Welcome to the EE Community. Smiley Happy

Do you have a device you could download the DPD app on? Maybe a tablet or family member's phone?

Once you setup the app with your details you'll be alerted when your delivery is on its way.

Hope this helps.

James

Profile closed
Not applicable

@BrendonH wrote:

Not really as DPD will be contacting you via text. Can you not borrow a phone for the time being?

Well, @BrendonH, shouldn't DPD offer an alternative to text notification for such instances / situations as @Willum8's? I think they and any other company definitely should do so. @Willum8, I suggest you phone DPD or contact them by email to see if they can alert you by home phone or email as an alternative on this occasion. And EE as the seller /  supplier of the phone should ensure that any dispatcher should offer an alternative means of alert, too. 

Profile closed
Not applicable

@James_B wrote:

Hi @Willum8,

Welcome to the EE Community. Smiley Happy

Do you have a device you could download the DPD app on? Maybe a tablet or family member's phone?

Once you setup the app with your details you'll be alerted when your delivery is on its way.

Hope this helps.

James

@James_B, an alert via email should be available from DPD for @Willum8 because of his / her / their situation. Having to create an account for yet another app might be a solution but it's a bit convoluted. Plus, it might not be possible for @Willum8 to do so because of circumstances. 

@Profile closed

EE can not control what another company offers.

DPD doesn't do this so EE can't tell their customers otherwise.

Profile closed
Not applicable

@BrendonH wrote:

@Profile closed

EE can not control what another company offers.

DPD doesn't do this so EE can't tell their customers otherwise.

@BrendonH, what I'm saying is that DPD should offer an email alert as an alternative, and if it doesn't, as you say it doesn't, then EE, as a major client of DPD should request that DPD or any of its client dispatched offer email as an alternative to text alert. Accepting the status quo isn't acceptable when improvements can be made. 

@Profile closed

EE cant do nothing.

DPD can just say if you don't like it then there are other services out there.

DPD handles thousands of parcels if they have different systems it will get confused. 

The OP has options to him/her.

@BrendonH: All that is pure supposition about things you have no involvement in. You can try not just give up. @Profile closed made a sensible point. In many telecoms processes OFCOM have rules that there should be at least 2 means of contact. I don't see why it shouldn't apply here as well.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)