by
EE Community Support Team

Re: Cannot import mail from orange.net to Gmail.

Hi @richyrichy

Please have a look at this post and it just may be the answer you are looking for.

Let us know please.

Thanks

Richard

🙂

by richyrichy Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Hi Richard,

This post

https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Email/Problems-importing-emails-from-orange-to-gmail/m-p/544383#M6645

did the trick about resetting my pop password. Thanks for that. I also had to go into the Orange webmail SMS settings and change it to allow SMS to be received. So, thanks for your help.

My next stage is trying to get all my emails into Gmail - without any problems. It connects fine, but after 24hrs I still have ' No mails fetched'. Will it try and import in blocks of emails or the whole lot in one?

by richyrichy Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I just found it has imported alot of the emails. It had just put them all in the spam folder!

It hasnt downloaded all of my emails, only around 2000 - is there a limit? And can I restart the import to see if it will gather the remaining emails?

Highlighted
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hello @richyrichy great news to hear you were able to get your POP password working thank you very much for letting us know those steps worked for you. 

How long has the import been going on? It can take anything from several hours to several days to complete. Did you move all the emails you want to keep in to the inbox first? Sent items can not be imported full stop, any you want to keep will need to be forwarded manually/individually. 🙂

by
EE Employee

Hi @richyrichy

As @Profile closed has advised it can take some time for it to all complete.

I would suggest not to try and restart the import, as we've had some customers who have tried this and had further error messages.

Thanks - Karen. Smiley Happy

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.