Highlighted
by richyrichy Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Cannot import mail from orange.net to Gmail.

Does anyone know the correct pop settings / username settings to put in the Gmail Import settings box. From an orange.net email address. I have tried

(mobile number)@orange.net

POP username:

POP server:

pop.orange.net

All I seem to get is this warning -

Could not validate this combination of email address and password.

Gmail couldn't identify your POP server.

Any help would be appreciated.

24 REPLIES 24
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Cannot import mail from orange.net to Gmail.

What password are you using? Your Webmail pwd or your POP3 pwd. They may not be the same if you've ever changed either. It wants your POP3 pwd. They did start the same, so if you've never changed your POP3 pwd, you need your original pwd.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Established Contributor

I'm using my webmail password.  I don't know my pop3 password if it is different.

I havent changed my password. When I try and 'recieve my password via SMS' online in the webmail settings. It gives me an error message.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @richyrichy,

Welcome to the EE Community. :smileyhappy:

What error message do you see when requesting your password?

Thanks

James

by Grand Master
Grand Master

The SMS Request hasn't worked for years.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Established Contributor

How should I go about finding out my Pop3 password - as it appears not to be the same as my webmail password?

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hello @richyrichy try the very first password you used when you registered for the online account. Unless you have changed your POP password it should be your original one. 

orange.net accounts also support IMAP access. If you prefer that change the incoming server to imap.orange.net and the incoming server port to 143 instead and keep all other details you are using the same. 🙂

Established Contributor

Hi Tom,

I dont remember changing it, but it doesnt let me in. I have tried using imap.orange.net - but that isn't working either. Is this because gmail is asking for the pop server?

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hello @richyrichy neither POP or IMAP will work without the correct password. 

Have you ever changed the password you use to log in to webmail at http://email.orange.co.uk or Orange online mobile accounts at https://web.orange.co.uk/id/signin.php when you still had your Orange mobile account? 🙂

Established Contributor

Thanks for your help Tom, think I will contact customer services about the pop password.

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Hello @richyrichy did you get my private message?

Let us know how you get on if you have the time hopefully they can check/reset it for you. 🙂

Established Contributor

After speaking to customer services, and explaining it is the pop password that needs resetting. I was told to use

password as my webmail password

pop username: Orange.net

Server: pop.orangehome.co.uk

I told him I have never had used had anything on orangehome.co.uk. So was dubious.

Gave it a go and - yep - didn't work. Will have to phone up again a go though it all again.

Very frustrating! Is there a number to get through directly with the people who deal with the email accounts? Instead of going round in circles?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@richyrichy wrote:

pop username: Orange.net

Is wrong! It's gotta be your full Orange.net email addy, as you've been told in this thread & on the EE Help page re: Importing into GMail. Obviously the CS you spoke to is ignorant of all this.

@richyrichy wrote:

Server: pop.orangehome.co.uk

Is not dubious as all EE POP3/SMTP servers are aliases for each other but if you're happier you can use pop.orange.net equally.

Waste of time calling CS for anything other than your POP3 pwd & if they can't get the general settings, like those above, right, it's unlikely they'll know anything about POP3 pwds.

Established Contributor

Thats fine. I thought as much.

Even if I use the resolved settings above, it still leaves me without my pop3 password. Which only CS can reset / tell me? So if they cant help me with that. I'm stuck?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Yes indeed, w/out your POP3 pwd, you cannot use another email system to pull your Orange.net emails into itself nor any POP3 mail client on your PC. You cannot get any further. Your POP3 pwd is the stopper :(.

by
EE Employee

Hi @richyrichy

Leave this with me I'm going to see what I get find out about the POP3 password associated with Orange.net.

I'll let you know as soon as I get any info!

Thanks - Karen. :smileyhappy:

Established Contributor

Thanks Karen, any help will be very much appreciated!

by
EE Employee

No problem!

Speak soon. :smileyhappy:

Established Contributor

Hi Karen - did you find out any more about the pop3 password? Like how to either reset it / or find out what it is?

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @richyrichy

I'm going to have a look and see if I can find some information for you on this.

Thank you

Richard

🙂

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.