by Whatservice1

2 months warning of the closing down of email service is way too short.

I have had my email address right from the start of Orange's email service. Proably more than 15 years and it is my main company address. It will be impossible to contact everyone and ensure they have changed within the 2 month deadline.

4 REPLIES 4
by Legend
Legend

Re: 2 months warning of the closing down of email service is way too short.

Hi, 

This service was always free so if you decided to host your company email via this service then the responsibility rests with you not EE. Hosting anything on free service is always risky especially something important such as your business email. 

Unless you have millions of customers informing them via email/your web site would be the best course of action. 

Thanks, 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Grand Master
Grand Master

It's never wise to base a commercial activity upon a freebie that can be taken away with 1 month's notice. Here you were given 3. For a few pounds a year you could put it on a commercial footing & even have an email addy that reflects your business.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by thejamer Investigator
Investigator

I agree with you...if it was for personal or business emails I find it shocking that EE (then Orange) are closing our accounts. I have had my email account with them around 15 years too and a lot of people have my email address. Free or not I think such a big company as EE should allow the emails to remain rather than attracting a lot of negativity from people.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @thejamer

Thanks for visiting and posting in community 🙂

I hope you manage to get everything sorted in the time-frames as outlined in the Orange email closure help and support pages.

We’ve given you notice about the closure of the email service to give you as much time as possible to get a new email address and communicate that to your customers.

Our terms do let us withdraw the service.

If you have specific queries about how this affects your business please get in touch with us to discuss.

Thanks

Richard

🙂

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.