Highlighted
by sheltielife Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Why won't BT Sport free work on a TV

Why can't I watch BT Sport on my TV using the 6 month free offer? At the end of the offer if I choose to pay the £5 will I still not be able to watch on TV?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Why won't BT Sport free work on a TV

@sheltielife  Sorry to say you was misinformed about this as you can not mirror the BT sort app to the TV.  

15 REPLIES
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@sheltielife  Because is a phone or tablet only app offer.   The offer is not for BT sport on the EE tv.  

Established Contributor

So, that means that I won't be paying the extra £5 at the end of the free 6 months. Trying to watch football on a small screen isn't great, plus it means I can't watch with friends, which I like to do.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@sheltielife  That's up to you but this offer is for the BT sport app and nothing else. 

Established Contributor

As I have just said on another discussion I found I am sure at the time I got my EE TV it was said that you could mirror anything that is on your phone, tablet, laptop or desktop computer. This obviously isn't correct as I can have the BT Sport app running on my laptop but not mirror it to my TV.

by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

@sheltielife  Sorry to say you was misinformed about this as you can not mirror the BT sort app to the TV.  

Established Contributor

OK I have to accept that. Just glad the EE TV box was free

by shah312 Established Contributor
Established Contributor

What, ee box for free. I had to pay for rental of mine and then pay £6 a month for services. Got fed up of services I don't use so I left last year. Now it is free??

In regards to this thread you can cast BT sport, use a third party app, not super simple but effective. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@shah312  You can now use a chromecast as that was a BT sport app update 2 weeks ago.  And if you read the thread its stream from the BT sport app nothing about using a 3rd party work around.  But at the time of this thread from last year you couldn’t so at the time that was correct.   

And I think you’ll find the usage of the word free was about getting the box not about the monthly fee to have the box.  

Established Contributor

I have chromecast so you are saying I can use that with the BT Sport app to watch on TV is this correct?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@sheltielife  According to the BT sport update list yes you can.  Here is the message when you look at the updates about the BT sport app  

87FE6E6C-651E-4370-9BF7-FBED049A63FB.png

It’s still not possible with an Apple TV and screen mirroring through.  

Established Contributor

Thanks that's brilliant I will try it tonight.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@sheltielife  Let’s us know how it goes.  

Established Contributor

I have since tried it on my iPad and laptop and it still doesn't work. I can't try it on my iPhone as I have used up the number of devices you can have it on.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@sheltielife  If you go into the settings of the BT sport app you can log out from the device that you doing it on.  You should then be able to login on your phone.  

Established Contributor

It's still coming up with a message saying EE customers can't cast to a TV.  When I put my TV on the correct HDMI and hit the casting button on my device it says ready to cast. As soon as I start trying to play BT Sport it comes up with the message.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.