by Jimbo-27 Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

TV box: my standby light go off after approx 7hrs? Nobody else's I know does

TV box: my standby light goes  off after approx 7hrs? Nobody else I know with EE tv box has this. Other functions seem to be normal. Any thoughts?

5 REPLIES
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: TV box: my standby light go off after approx 7hrs? Nobody else's I know does

Hi @Jimbo-27

Welcome to the community. Smiley Happy

When you say the standy light goes off, do you mean the EE TV box turns off completely?

Have you tried resetting the EE TV box?

Chris

Valued Contributor

Re: TV box: my standby light go off after approx 7hrs? Nobody else's I know does

The stanby light goes off overnight (approx 7hrs) but is still powered from the wall socket, and when I press power on the remote it comes on (if a little slow) I have already reset it when I was having problems with an intermittent black screen every 10 seconds. Now last night I find one of my recording (series recorded) is missing and also some recordings from last month I can't access just the spinning wheel. I'm definitely now of the opinion that this box must be faulty (not fit for purpose) and EE should exchange it 'pronto' Grateful for your interpretation of my problems.

by

OK, thanks for explaining, @Jimbo-27

I recommend speaking to our technical support team.

They'll be able to run through some troubleshooting with you and replace it, if they're able to.

Chris

Valued Contributor

Tech help agreed with me after nearly 2 months of problems and faffing about the box must be faulty. They are sending me a replacement next few days which I sincerely hope gives me trouble free viewing from now on. Apparently a returns pack will be enclosed and you have 30 days to return the faulty box (beware if you have a similar situation) otherwise you will be  charged.

by

Thanks for the update @Jimbo-27 Smiley Happy

Please let us know how you get on with the new box.

James

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions