by Podman Established Contributor
Established Contributor

EE TV why so stagnent?

I've just re-contracted as I use the 20Gb mobile data share facility.

I do however remain very disapointed with EE's lack of TV service improvments.

The box lacks facilities for Google Home or and useful Amazon Alexa integration.

There is a lack in useful onboard apps.

It would also be great to see IPTV Multicast being integrated into the TV service to provide similar service to BT TV, PlusNet TV, TalkTalk etc.

Are EE continually developing the TV service in anyway?

Is there a new Box update or due for release that will bring the TV service upto date?

I've asked some of the questions before with the response, requests are passed on. Instead can we please be advised if there is any hope or if the TV Service is indeed dead in the water.

If EE are after customers to test new developmenets as Plusnet has previously trialed I am sure there are any that would glady step up.

Just please update the TV service.

3 REPLIES
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: EE TV why so stagnent?

@Podman  Alexia works with the TV box it’s just not built in so you need a Alexia device as well.    What EE have planned for this box is not going to be available to you as EE don’t want other services to know what they  have planned.  Kinda gives the game away to the  competition. 

image.jpg

by Podman Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I appreciate there is a minimal Alexa Skill the box is surely way more capable if EE where to spend time developing it. I've had it for about two years so far and nothing appears to have changed.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Podman  it’s a free view box at the end of the day.  If you want a product that controls other devices around your home go get one.  The Echo dot is cheap, to be honest I sold all my home automation products as it just mean more stuff plugged in all the time.   The only thing that would be good would be the inclusion of Netflix.  And if you know how and what your doing you can get multicasting.  

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions