by bentleym
Explorer

BT Sport on EE TV

Hi

I have had your EE TV package for over 3 years now, served by a BT broadband connection. What I'd liek to know is why customers like myself discriminated against compared with Mobile users? Why is the BT Sport App not available as an app on my device?

Regards

Martin

10 REPLIES 10
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: BT Sport on EE TV

@bentleym   Because it’s only for mobile customers as it needs a phone number to register against.  

If it was on the EE tv it would be a subscription service also. 

by bentleym
Explorer

OK

Why not provide a subscription service as well?

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @bentleym.

Welcome to the community.

As @Chris_B has mentioned, BT Sport is only available to mobile customers as you need a phone number to register it.

We will certainly let you know if we plan to change this in the future.

Jon

by Grand Master
Grand Master

That's not entirely true. It needs a BT ID to register it, which anyone can obtain. It wouldn't be impossible to make it available thro' a BT ID to EE TV users, even as a subscription service.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Do you have a smart TV or box @bentleym

by
EE Community Support Team

I agree @XRaySpeX, not impossible but currently not something we offer.

I know we do offer casting but that still wouldn't help an EE TV user.

Jon

by Grand Master
Grand Master

I know, @Jon_K, but I'm disputing the reason, "as you need a phone number to register it", given here for it not to be offered.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@XRaySpeX  I’ll tell you why it’s not offered because BT don’t want to as they offer it on BT TV.  And just because it’s available on EE mobile devices does mean it also has to be offered else where.  EE tv is only £8 month and unless BT give the go ahead to allow a BT sport app to be installed on an update so you can setup a subscription with it you’ll not get it for free be that a set period or the term of the contract. But as stated above BT don’t have to if they choose not too. It’s not EE not allowing this it’s BT. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

I know, @Chris_B. That's a completely diff reason from that put forward before. In other words there is no technical reason for it not to be offered on EE TV. Thank you for confirming that.

by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

@Chris_B A BT Sport App will shortly appear on a selection of Smart TVs/consoles/smart boxes, so BT/EE could add it to EE TV if they wanted to deploy the resources.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions