cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

What should I do to get ready for single sign on between My EE and Community?

Sorcha
Former EE Community Manager

We told you recently that we’re going to be linking the way you log in to the EE Community with My EE – and you will need to use your My EE login for both (one password less to remember!)

This will be happening on the 5th of August, and in order to ensure you can get into the EE Community quickly and easily after this change happens, we have some tips below on making the process simple and smooth.

What’s going to change?

I don’t have a My EE account at the moment

You will need to register for a My EE account > Don’t worry, as you don’t need to have any products with us in order to have a My EE account; you simply don’t add any products during the quick and easy sign up.

I have a My EE account already – what do I need to do?

Your community account will be associated to your My EE account, which will mean that the email address associated to My EE is where your community notifications will be sent in future.

I don’t want my community notifications to go to the email address associated with my My EE account

There will now only be one email address across My EE and the EE Community and you need to make sure the email address on your My EE is the same one that you want your community notifications to go to.

If you really don't want to receive notifications to that email address then you can register for a separate My EE account but add no products to it.

What if I use different emails for My EE and Community today?

If you want to keep the email you use on community, you will need to change your My EE email to match it>

If you want to have notifications sent to the email address on your My EE account, please change your community email address>

What will it be like to log in to the EE Community once this change has happened?

To log into the community, you will use the main "log in" and "register" buttons in the meganav at the top of the screen.

meganav.png

From here you’ll be taken to the My EE log in and register pages to access the EE Community.

Upon log in you’ll be presented with the My EE dashboard which will have a community tile/button on the far right. When clicked, this will take you back into the community.

SSo2.png

Once back in the community all you’ll have to do is enter your EE Community username and password in the box and click submit, and you’ll be in.

SSO3.png

The next step is that you will be taken to the community homepage where confirmation of accounts being linked is shown. You’ll see yourself as logged in on the meganav at the top on the right, and the option showing there will be to log out.

SSO4.png

What if I can’t remember my EE Community username or password?

The only thing you need to know is the email address that you have registered on the community. If you can’t remember your password, simply click “Forgot password? Verify by email”.

SSO5.png

On the next screen you’ll simply need to add the email address linked to the EE Community.

SSO6.png

You’ll then be shown the message below:

SSO7.png

And you’ll receive an email from My EE. Click on the link in the email which will verify you, link the account and then take you to the homepage (as in the example above), confirming your account has been linked.

SSO8.png

If you have any questions, or need any help, tap "Reply" below.

15 REPLIES 15
Techhead
Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

I've successfully linked my community account to My EE account but have two observations about how it works from me.

There's an extra step:When  logging into My EE, it takes you to a Register page for the community and I had to click a link for existing members (located under the Register button)

No verification email was sent (I've checked my spam folder)

Apart from that it was reasonably straightforward.

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Techhead,

Thanks for posting 🙂

You would get the email if you can't remember your username or password.

If you can't remember either of these, the only thing you need to know is the email address that you have registered on the community.

If you can’t remember your password, simply click “Forgot password? Verify by email”.

Hope this helps 🙂

Leanne.

My observation is that it signs you out after so long.

I used to leave my community logged in 24/7 but now I have to keep logging in.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Google Pixel 8 Pro Obsidian Black (Android 14)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
Leanne_T

Hi there @BrendonH

You will get the option to stay logged in, a countdown clock will show telling you how long you have left before you are logged out 🙂

Thanks.

Leanne.

Yes @Leanne_T but that's help when I have left the browser open and carried on doing what I am at home etc

I used to be able to stay logged in all day without having to try and beat a clock to stay logged in

Leanne_T

Hi @BrendonH

The community is linked to My EE and will log you out as My EE would 🙂

Leanne.

Techhead
Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

It's really, really annoying though. Everything I come back I have to log in again. Please could this be fed back.

@Techhead   It’s linked to your EE account so it will log you out after 15mins.  This is a security feature to keep your account safe this will not change. 

I understand that @Chris_B 

But my auto log in doesn't work on this log in page for some reason (works everywhere else) so it's rather annoying having to keep logging into the community.

I never log into MyEE unless I see my bill is extremely high which at the moment never has been higher than it should have been.