cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Update on EE and BT stores

Sorcha
Former EE Community Manager

Following the Government’s latest advice we’ll be temporarily closing all
our EE and BT stores, until further notice.

Our stores have played an important role in keeping our customers
connected during this difficult time, and we’d like to thank those
colleagues for all their hard work in helping to keep our customers in
touch with their friends and loved ones.

All of our retail colleagues will continue to be paid throughout this
challenging time, and we’ll now also look at ways to allow the store teams
to add their support to helping our customers in their local communities,
including supporting the local contact centres and social media service
teams with the increased enquiries.

We’ll continue to be there for our customers online and through our
contact centres across the UK. We’re prioritising vulnerable customers and
those in most need so we advise you to visit us online or through the My
BT or My EE app as our response times may be longer than normal.

We look forward to helping you in one of our shops again sometime soon

10 REPLIES 10
Karen259
Visitor

Just wondering about free public BT wifi access.  It came up as a mobile data option this morning, but does not acknowledge EE customers.  I can even more money to BT to use it but mu EE mobile contract small print states that EE are in contract with BT.

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Karen259,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

BT WiFi access is currently only available free of charge to BT Mobile and BT Broadband customers.

Find out more at btwifi.co.uk.

Thanks

James

Gary007
Investigator
Investigator

Hello,

I wondered if you could help or point me in the right direction.

I am a long standing EE customer and I'm wanting to change my current SIM to a nano SIM due to buying a new phone and wanting to stay on the EE network. Owing to COVID and shop closures I'm of course unable to obtain a new SIM in person. I have followed the advised help on your main site and understand that I would have to pay for a SIM to be posted, however as I am a pay as you go customer, I am unsure how this would be deducted from my account? Is this still a COVID response?

Any help would be appreciated
Thanks

James_B

Hi @Gary007,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

What type of SIM do you have at the moment?

Have you checked to see if it is a multi SIM that would allow you to convert to a nano SIM by pushing out the smaller size?

Thanks

James

Hi James (@James_B)

Thank you for your response and appreciative of demands on your time, happy to talk separately rather than clog this thread ☺

My apologies for missing the detail, I'm currently on a micro SIM and have checked, however it's not one where the SIM can be pushed out. The SIM is over 4 years old so potentially predates.

Many thanks

Gary

James_B

No problem @Gary007

If you order a replacement SIM online, you'll be prompted to make a payment with a credit or debit card.

James

Thanks James, is there anyway around this as I will be out of pocket for something that I would normally pickup in store and appreciate EE's circumstances. I know isn't much cost but everything helps in the current climate😳

James_B

Hi @Gary007,

If you get in touch with Customer Care they'll see if there is anything that can be done to help.

Thanks

James

Chanzzmayy
Visitor

Hi,

I own a Samsung A70 and it's having problems and it won't charge even with a genuine samsung charger my partner has the same phone and had the same issue they repaired it under warranty. I purchased it in january so the 1 years warranty should be up then. Because of Covid19 will they be extending this as your stores are closed as I need this phone repaired before then.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks