by EE Community Manager
EE Community Manager

EE's beta community is live: See what's new and give feedback

Our beta community is live, and we hope you like it!

A huge thank you to the Community Stars for wisely guiding the EE Community Team on how to make your community better.

And more shouts out to all members who took our survey and gave honest feedback on what would make this website easier to use, and a more pleasant destination.

What's changed so far

You’re seeing the first round of changes. 

• Fresh new design

• A new experience for using the community on phones and tablets

• A new section all about the EE Community - take a look!

Coming soon  

We’ve got more improvements planned over the next few months, to finesse the look of the site further and improve the whole community experience.

• We'll create more spaces for great information to be shared, including a new and improved blog.

• There will be further design enhancements so that the community continues to look and feel better.

• People asked if they can upload their own profile photos; we'll have that ready to go soon. 

• Some fun new features are on their way

• We're going to archive older conversations and make it clear when you're looking at posts that may no longer be relevant.

• And as requested by many members, we will set up an off-topic area for more social conversations.

Your feedback is needed

Please keep an eye out for technical issues or odd things happening with the beta community website.

Reply below with any issues you find so we can report them to our developers for fixing.

Thank you!

beta_ivory_icon.png

40 REPLIES
by Star Contributor
Star Contributor

Re: EE's beta community is live: See what's new and give feedback

Woo! How exciting. It looks awesome - thanks for investing so much into the community ( time, resource & money)! 

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Why do these sites always seem to have so much wasted space? Are they only designed for someone with an iPad? 

Have to say it's a no from me. Too much scrolling and wasted blank space. 

Maybe have different views so people can read it easily if they want to or have the new view for those that like to scroll?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

The problem is you're used to the old forum and the layout of that forum. If the old forum was this new layout and it changed to the old forum you wouldn't like that also.. it's something new and it takes time to get used to it. When I first used the his new layout it took some getting used to but now I kind of like it.
by Ad13 Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I have to agree with you on this. There is just way too much wasted space and it's too difficult to find information. It's an area of the EE website I used to use regularly, but now I seldom use it. I just don't like it sorry...

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Ad13 I've said it before it new so because it's new people don't like change,  people get accustom to things in life and when it changes people are not keen on them changes.  

Established Contributor

@Chris_B

Thanks for your comments, however, I know what I like and what I don't like so please don't patronise me saying I'm reluctant to change! It took 11, yes eleven, scrolls down to just reach your post from the landing page. There's just too waste.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Then I advise you to change your settings as I jump to the last comment on each page.   

Just to add I wasn't patronising you it's human nature not to like change and it's also human nature to assume I was  patronising you because you didn't like what I said so you took offence to it. 

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Well I still don't like it, but I'm sure I'll be told my opinions aren't valid.

Established Contributor

Some of us are more than happy with change and evolution and see it as a positive process. Where I can't get onboard is when something changes and actually reduces usability and efficiency.

EE asked for opinions, and this is what you got! You can't accept positive opinion and dismiss negative opinion, otherwise it's just a mutual self back-patting exercise?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

I only gave a general reply to you and you say I'm patronising you.  Your  entitled to your opinion but that doesn't mean no can say anything against your opinion.   

I know I've said this before 

If you never seen the old forum and only ever saw this forum you wouldn't be saying what you're saying now.    Yes this forum has a new layout, is it more complicated to use maybe but that's only because you're used to the old forum. 

Established Contributor

Right, this is the last reply as this is getting old now...

Nothing to do with the old forum! This is an opinion on the NEW forum only. It's too sparse, with too much wasted space. You're trying to reinvent the wheel. There has to be a judgment on how much screen real-estate is dedicated to actual contact and how much is reserved for logos etc. The new forum has it all wrong.

You've clearly stated that the new format is more 'complicated'. I'd challenge that this is 'progress' in the wrong direction.

End of conversation.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Not my forum. I'm a customer just like you 

this forum has it all wrong  ?  Is that your option ?   Is there a standard that this forum should be laying out too as you seem to imply with that comment.

Established Contributor

Bored now...

Sent from my iPhone
by Profile closed
N/A

Re: EE's beta community is live: See what's new, give feedback, win a prize!

has anyone else tried writing/editing a reply using a windows 10 device on here? It's infuriating

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

It's a shame how 3 weeks later no one from EE can be bothered to even acknowledge any feedback.

Did all the community stars just continue to say nice things so they can keep their access? Be nice to know what user feedback has been listened to and how things will change based on users and not community stars.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Other stars have said else where what they think of this new forum, and what anyone says it doesn't keep the "star" status if they only say "nice" things  

by Welshychicken Contributor
Contributor

I don't know how to find the boards or post a topic using the new beta version 

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Well, at least we will soon have EEs new plans to laugh about soon, rather than wait for these boards to be fixed. Should be a nice distraction.

Would be interesting to see the post count before and after, it does seem quieter now, maybe as people can't work out how to post or too busy scrolling.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Welshychicken: Use the drop down menus near the top:

EE Community

EntertainmentEntertainment
Broadband, TV, HomeBroadband, TV, Home
__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
To phone EE: The local rate landline number 020 7362 0200 or Freephone 0800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.