Highlighted
by Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Re: how can I send a private message?

Hello Again - XRaySpeX,

It's CalamityJane and we meet again.  I sent a private message to someone when I learned that they had an interest in the US.  I didn't want to bore the ee Community with my life history so did a Private Message (PM).

In turn, I had someone PM me, asking how to do something that I know how to do.  When I hit send, I too received a message saying I'd reach my limit of PM.

Thanks so much for letting me know (1) there is a limit, and (2) what I need to do to "clear the limitation."

I DO need to add one more thing though:  It seems counterproductive to have a limit.  Meaning, a Community Member was looking for help, and I tried to send a reply to help her.  Based on the limitation, I have NO idea whether my PM reply was relayed to her, and whether her problem is now resolved -or- if she's still looking for a  solution -and- thinking that I am ignoring her PM. Hoping that she sees this post, and understands what happened behind the scenes.

Thanks for continuing to help me learn....CalamityJane

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
by
EE Community Support Team
Solution

Hi @CalamityJane

Thanks for coming back to me.

If you have been sent a private message then you can reply to this using the reply option within your messages, or you can start a new topic and post the question on the community if you @ the username of the person who sent you the message, they will get notified.

@XRaySpeX has done this here - Can I top-up the day after my pack expired?

Hope this helps 🙂

Leanne.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
by

Thanks for the feedback @CalamityJane

You can reply on the community in public to help, this may also help other customers who may view the post as well.

Thanks.

Leanne 🙂

Highlighted
by Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Hi Leanne,

Help me to understand how I take an outreach by Private Message (she initially contacted me by Private Message), and convert it into a public post - or - are  you saying take the Topic to the public community, and post a reply there.

If I take a Topic to the public community how do I know for sure that the person who sent the private message saw the public post?

Highlighted
by
Solution

Hi @CalamityJane

Thanks for coming back to me.

If you have been sent a private message then you can reply to this using the reply option within your messages, or you can start a new topic and post the question on the community if you @ the username of the person who sent you the message, they will get notified.

@XRaySpeX has done this here - Can I top-up the day after my pack expired?

Hope this helps 🙂

Leanne.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@CalamityJane wrote:

Help me to understand how I take an outreach by Private Message (she initially contacted me by Private Message), and convert it into a public post - or - are  you saying take the Topic to the public community, and post a reply there.

Yes, that's what I do. Technical Qs should really be posted in the open forums. That's what they are there for.

I make a reply to the PM consisting just a quote of the person's text but don't send it. Then copy the reply to a New Topic in an appropriate forum. You may then reply yourself there if you know the answer. As long as you tag ('@') the person as I showed you earlier they will be notified of your posts.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.