Highlighted
by Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Is a Non ee Customer Able to Visit the EE Community Site??

Hi @Sorcha

As ee Community Administrator, is it possible for a Non ee Customer to visit/view the  ee Community Site.  For the FIRST time since I became stranded (i.e. Semi Permanent UK Resident), I was able to talk to my daughter & son-in-law (and "grand dog" too).  It was amazing, and felt so good I wanted to cry (saved that for after I hung up).

Anyway, I was telling them about the fun I was having and the amazing stuff I was learning on the site.  My daughter couldn't really believe what I was saying since it's not something I've ever done before -and- she asked if it is possible for her to see the ee Community as a non-Customer Visitor.  Said I didn't know, but would inquire.

Let me know if that's permitted, and if it is permitted, how would my daughter do that?

Thanks Sorcha,

CalamityJane (CJ)

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor
Solution

Re: Is a Non ee Customer Able to Visit the EE Community Site??

Hi @CalamityJane 

The Community is open to everyone 🙂

all your daughter would need to do is create a MyEE account then register for the community.

Thanks,

David.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor
Solution

Hi @CalamityJane 

The Community is open to everyone 🙂

all your daughter would need to do is create a MyEE account then register for the community.

Thanks,

David.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @CalamityJane : Anyone can register, join, view, post & generally participate in this Community. It is a public open forum. You don't need to have any EE products.

Let your daughter register @ https://id.ee.co.uk/id/register & then click on the box to Join EE Community.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Highlighted
Established Contributor

JUST what I wanted to hear!  Thank you David, XRaySpeX and others who've helped to make by day GRAND!  Can't wait to tell my daughter that she can visit, tag me, and see what I get up to...

Isn't it funny "how the shoe will now be on the other foot."  Meaning, as Mom/Mum, I've spent years watching over my daughter -- Now she'll get the chance to watch over me... Not sure I'm really ready for that role reversal, but "here goes nothing."

Many thanks,

CJ

Highlighted
by EE Community Manager
EE Community Manager

Hi @CalamityJane 

I can see that you got the answer before I logged back in 🙂 

Glad we made your day!

Sorcha

Highlighted
Established Contributor

@Sorcha 

Good Morning!  Have been "quiet" (especially for me) for the past couple of days because I had some international service issues to get sorted.  Think I'm now 90% of where I need to be - so...I'm back & On Fire with New Topics to add to the Community.

Reason for the Email:  I have read the Community Guidelines multiple times.  For as long as I am a "Semi Permanent Resident of the UK" --> i.e. US Citizen stranded in the UK by The Virus [Definition courtesy of Ryan - ee Cardif Customer Care Team], I intend to tee up topics that fall within ee Community Guidelines -and- CJ's personal guidelines (As Follows):

(1) CJ will constantly drill into ee Resources [My EE + ee Community (Posts, People/Users/Great Thinkers)

(2) Three times a week (more if my schedule permits), CJ will open New Topics that she hopes are interesting, instructive, and/or entertaining or enlightening

(3) The ONLY Company I will mention by Name is EE.  Any time where I am "making a point" to some of the US and/or UK companies with whom I have a Customer relationship --> they will NOT be mentioned by name, but I will "get you close" (sometimes very close) to "knowing" JUST who they are

(4) I will do my level best to share information about EE &  ee Community Products, Programmes, Social consciousness-raising events in the most positive yet 100% truthful way (Meaning, I truly think EE is great, however, EE is not "Perfect" (NO company is)).  When I find those imperfections, they may be noted in a Post - but again - in a constructive way so that things can perhaps be made better.

Two final things:

* Forgot how to make a message Private (how I intended to deliver this message)

* And lastly, if I ever "break the rules" (that would never by my intent) - please let me know -or- if 'unforgiveable' ban me from the Community (I will understand & harbour no ill will)

Thanks Sorcha - this "Oldie (OAP) but Goodie" really likes working with the entire Community Team.

CJ

Highlighted
by EE Community Manager
EE Community Manager

Hi @CalamityJane 

Looking forward to seeing your posts! 

If you want to make a message private, click on the person's name who you would like to send the private message to, and their profile will come up. You should see a clickable icon of an envelope that says "send this user a private message"

That will then take you to the page where you can send a private message 🙂 

Sorcha 

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.