by NWilliams Contributor
Contributor

You do not have sufficient privileges for this resource or its parent to perform

Hi,

whenever I try to view the answer to a question from a search link to EE community I get

" Access denied - You do not have sufficient privileges for this resource or its parent to perform this action.

Click your browser's Back button to continue."

This is getting very annoying as I have an EE account and am signed in. Can anyone help, please?

Thanks

12 REPLIES 12
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: You do not have sufficient privileges for this resource or its parent to per

Hi @NWilliams,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Are you seeing these threads in your search engine?

If you are, it could be that the threads have been moved to the archive because the information is outdated.

Do you have an example URL you could share?

Thanks

James​​​​​​​

by NWilliams Contributor
Contributor

Re: You do not have sufficient privileges for this resource or its parent to per

Hi James,

thanks for your reply. All the answers are archived but I would still like to read them if possible. Here is an example https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Final-Archive/How-do-it-set-up-data-on-Samsung-galaxy-note-4/td-p/4242...

Thank again,

Nigel

by

Hi @NWilliams,

Sorry, it's no longer possible to view that outdated conversation.

Is there a specific issue you need help with?

James

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@NWilliams : You can't view topics in the Final Archive. If the link comes up with just "Archive" you might be able to.

However, you'd get better & more up-to-date hits if you use the Community's Search facilities & not a search engine's.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by NWilliams Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

yes, my problem is probably the same as the one I can no longer read. I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 4 which was originally a USA Sprint version and I have got good network signal but just 3G, not the 4G I know I can get. The phone was rooted when i got it and could get 4G then but I have unrooted it so I can get updates and use my banking apps but now only get 3G - not a huge problem but annoying.

Thanks

by NWilliams Contributor
Contributor

I already tried tried that and it came up with nothing

by

Hi @NWilliams,

Is LTE enabled in your Mobile network settings?

Have you tried updating your internet settings here?

James

by NWilliams Contributor
Contributor

Hi James,

yes, I enabled LTE but the link is for a Samsung SM-N910F Galaxy Note 4(the European variant)but mine is N910P version which is for Sprint in the USA and they use an entirely different system - it has taken me a lot of time and research to get any network signal at all, that is why it was "rooted" in the first place I should think.

Thanks,

Nigel

by NWilliams Contributor
Contributor

Thanks James, I followed the link and have installed both the settings in the texts but it still only shows 3G when I switch to mobile data.

by

If you put your SIM card in another EE device, can you access 4G, @NWilliams?

Chris

by NWilliams Contributor
Contributor

Yes Chris, I had 4g on the same phone before I unrooted it!

by

Have you tried backing up and restoring to factory settings, @NWilliams?

Chris

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.