Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

PC & Mobile Stopped Displaying Community

Something most peculiar:

Since last night IE11 on my PC over EE BB started displaying this when I go to Community anywhere:

CaptureIE.JPG

Same on my mobile WiFi'ed to EE BB with native Samsung browser as well as connected to mobile data.

Yet FF57 on same PC & mobile are OK, thus:

CaptureFF.JPG

Just before this started I was playing around with my EE MBB router connected from my PC by WiFi at the same time my PC was connected by Ethernet to BB. It was dishing out IP addys in the same range as the BB router, altho' it was not connected to Net as it has no data. This has always worked before when I just wanted to look at its settings.

So I did wonder whether there was a clash on the PC between the 2 routers, but that does not explain the mobile doing the same as the PC when it was never connected to the MBB.

Anyway, I have since rebooted PC, cleared cookies & cache. No joy.

So, I'm wondering whether you have changed the HTML of the Community pages (all pages have the same effect) to throw these 2 standard browsers.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
To phone EE: The local rate landline number 020 7362 0200 or Freephone 0800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: PC & Mobile Stopped Displaying Community

@Lee_H, @Miles: I am pleased to report that IE on PC & Internet app on mobile are now displaying the Community correctly. I've changed nowt at my ends. What have you?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
To phone EE: The local rate landline number 020 7362 0200 or Freephone 0800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
11 REPLIES
by
EE Community Support Team

Hello there @XRaySpeX

Thanks for letting us know.

Is this doing the same today for you?

Speak soon, Leanne Smiley Happy

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Have just checked on my PC and it comes up without any problems with microsoft edge. I normally use Firefox, though.

by

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@leanne_T: Yes, it's still doing it on IE on PC & Internet app on mobile.

@Schockwave: Thanks for reminding me of Edge. I don't like it & never use it but it is working. I'm using FF now but I prefer IE.

by
EE Employee

Hi, @XRaySpeX I'm sure @Miles will pick this up as soon as he is available.

Many thanks,

Lee

by
EE Employee

Hi @XRaySpeX

I've just had an email from @Miles and he has raised this with the support team to look into it.

Cheers

Lee

by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

@Lee_H, @Miles: I am pleased to report that IE on PC & Internet app on mobile are now displaying the Community correctly. I've changed nowt at my ends. What have you?

by

Morning @XRaySpeX

Glad this is all working correctly for you.

We're still investigating the cause of this.

Fingers crossed it won't happen again, but if it does let us know.

Happy Monday Smiley Happy

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Thanks, @leanne_T. I'd be interested in the outcome of the investigation. I'm guessing a bit of duff HTML.

I took a copy of the source of the bad IE webpage to a file, but when I displayed it in IE from the file it displayed correctly. However when I clicked on any of its links & it went off to talk to you it went bad again. I still have that file on my backups if it's of any use.

by

Thanks @XRaySpeX

We will let you know if we need anything else from you.

Speak soon Smiley Happy

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.