by Prodigious Contributor
Prodigious Contributor

'@' Member tagging is causing spaces to be removed.

Hi,

I've noticed recently that when typing a member's name preceded or followed by a [space], the space will sometimes be removed once the reply is posted.

In the editor when composing: Example @test Example

On the finished post: Example@testExample

In order to fix this, I have to edit my reply or post and manually re-add the spaces between the words.

I've searched the Khoros/Lithium communities and can't find anything on the issue so can only assume it is something that has changed recently...

There's an example of where this happened to me here. I attempted to tag @XRaySpeX and for some reason the space was removed between the colon and the beginning of the name.

Cheers,

Alex

If I solved your issue, please click the 'solved' button below to help others!
5 REPLIES 5
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: '@' Member tagging is causing spaces to be removed.

@Alex_M Doesn't happen to me but I usually insert "colon space" after the tag @Alex_M :

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Prodigious Contributor

@XRaySpeX I think I will have to start doing that too. It's just annoying that if I want to mention someone mid sentence it will sometimes join the member's name to the following word, as if I never entered a space 😭.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Alex_M Yes, when I tag you @Alex_M mid-sentance i don't use "colon space' & it's still doesn't merge.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Prodigious Contributor

I guess my laptop has just had enough of me then! 😂

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Alex_M

Hope you are having a good evening 🙂

Could you possibly try another device and see if the same happens?

Speak soon 🙂

Leanne.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.