Highlighted
by Profile closed
N/A

Could you please delete my community account

Hi, Could you please advise me how to delete my EE account and, also please, delete my community account as well.

Thanks

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Could you please delete my community account

When you click your light bulb at top you should see:

Capture2.JPG

When you click on "My Settings" you should see something like:

Capture2.JPG

"Close Account" is what you are after.

If it doesn't come up like this, try another browser.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
To phone EE: The local rate landline number 020 7362 0200 or Freephone 0800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
18 REPLIES
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Profile closed: To delete your Community a/c here click on your avatar near top L of this page & select your Settings from the Menu shown. There you may Close A/c yourself.

You can't delete your MyEE a/c yourself. You need to call CS for that.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
To phone EE: The local rate landline number 020 7362 0200 or Freephone 0800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Profile closed

Thanks for posting here Smiley Happy

Has the information @XRaySpeX helped you get done what you wanted to do?

I'm also conscious that if you have taken the time to delete your community profile then you may not get this message.

Thank you

Richard

Smiley Happy

by Profile closed
N/A

No, it did not help. By saying "avatar near top L " I presume you mean:

1.something generated by your website which is in the place where my avatar supposed to be and

2. "near top L" - I presume this means top left?

Now, I don't have an avatar and there is nothing like avatar near the top left on the website. 

Guys, you have serious UX or technical issues here. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Your particular avatar looks like this light bulb :almiratlic It is shown near the top of this screen.

by Profile closed
N/A

Hi, can someone from EE explain in a clear way how to delete the account? If you are not EE employee please do not reply further to my requests. I am fed up with receiving not relevant emails from you I am not your customer nor I wish to be any longer. So, either delete my account or let me know how to do it.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Do you see your lightbulb picture at the top of this screen? Well, click on it & then "Settings". You'll then see under Personal .

by Profile closed
N/A

Where are the settings?

Please do not try to help if you are not going to explain in a proper way without repeating your last post. I do not wish to receive further emails from the community and I want someone from EE to explain how to delete the community account. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Sorry, I guess you are using a mobile to view this site. That is slightly different.

Touch your light bulb at the top of the screen. A menu will slide in from the left covering most of the screen. On it is "My Settings". Touch that. On the next screen there is a box filled in with "Email" initially. Touch that & a drop-down selection will appear. At the bottom is "Close Account". Choose that & then press Save. It should then ask you to confirm you really want to leave.

I haven't tested it all the way as I don't want to leave but if it doesn't work (as I suspect as there's something not right about it) you'll have to try it from a PC, not a mobile, where it will definitely work.

I'm sorry it's complicated but that's the way it is.

by Profile closed
N/A

thanks but I am on laptop

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Then the 1st method I gave you should work.

Can you see your light bulb picture near top of screen?

by Profile closed
N/A

yes i can

by Grand Master
Grand Master

What do you see when you click on it?

by Profile closed
N/A

It briefly showes  a pop up without settings and after click It just takes me to a different page without anything which says settings 

by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

When you click your light bulb at top you should see:

Capture2.JPG

When you click on "My Settings" you should see something like:

Capture2.JPG

"Close Account" is what you are after.

If it doesn't come up like this, try another browser.

by

Hi @Profile closed

The information and guide @XRaySpeX has kindly shown you is the correct way to delete your EE community account.

Please follow this and it will successfully remove your profile and account in EE community.

Thanks

Richard

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Richard_C: There's something with the mobile view of Your Settings. When you go into it the page shows the Email settings & the drop-down selection defaults to "Email". When you then select any other selection from the drop-down the Email settings stay on the page & you can't get to the 1 you've chosen.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Profile closed: You don't need to leave the Community just to stop emails from it. Just tick "Don't send me any community emails" in the Personal settings when you eventually get to them.

by

Thanks @XRaySpeX

I'm passing this over as feedback.

Smiley Happy

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions