by Grand Master
Grand Master

A Few Notfications Gone Missing

I've noticed in last few days that not all notifications of threads to which I've subscribed have appeared in my notification list.

E.g. I was not notified of https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/Pay-as-you-go/How-do-I-add-my-device-New-user-Device-page-just-refresh... .

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: More Notifications Going Missing

Yes, I'm now getting all the notifications I'm due & the missing ones have turned up in my feed in the right chronological order.

I was not much affected by delayed emails problem as I don't ask for many, but the few Solutions & New Topic I subscribe to are now being delivered on time.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
15 REPLIES 15
by EE Community Manager
EE Community Manager

Re: A Few Notfications Gone Missing

Hi @XRaySpeX

Are you getting any notifications at all like emails? or are none of them showing at all? We've had a few mentions on and off of the notifications not showing on screen but the email notification coming through. 

Community guidelines Community stars programme

Meet the EE Community teamHow to use the community
by Grand Master
Grand Master

I don't ask for email notifications as they would be too many.

It just happened with your reply. I got no notification of it.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Even my latest Solution was not notified, neither by list nor by email, and, as far as I can tell, was it tallied in the totals.

by Peter_O Contributor
Contributor

Possibly unrelated.. Tried joing community earlier. Stuff got a bit "twisted", and I ended up not receiving the joining verification email. Nor did I receive the password reset emails after my own finger trouble ended up messing up my passwords..

Anyway, GMail seems to have taken a dislike to EE's password emails and was merrilly shoving them into its Spam folder. Just in case anyone else should be suffering from a simialr issue 😉

Peter

by Grand Master
Grand Master

More Notifications Going Missing

I think it's getting worse. There seem to be now more missing notifications than ones that get thro'.

by EE Community Manager
EE Community Manager

Thanks @XRaySpeX @Peter_O I'll get these fed back 

by EE Community Manager
EE Community Manager

Hi Guys, 

This should now be fixed, let us know if you see anything similar crop up. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Sorcha   Whatever seems to have fixed that seems to have fixed email notifications because my inbox has just exploded.  

by
EE Employee

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Lee_H   The funny thing was I was receiving email notifications that made it look like you are working at 6 o’clock in the morning.   These were from post you did the night before.  

At first I thought all the community team had swapped their working hours with each other from what you normally do and what I’m accustomed too. I was around 13-15 hours behind on notifications.  

As you can see I got this one from you really quickly.    

So just to check your not working at 4.20am.  Smiley LOL

by EE Community Manager
EE Community Manager

Excellent, I just got a lot of notifications too. 

Looks like it's all back to normal. We're definitely not working at 4:20am though!

by
EE Employee

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Lee_H  I’ll remember to tag you then.  Lol.   

by
EE Employee

by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Yes, I'm now getting all the notifications I'm due & the missing ones have turned up in my feed in the right chronological order.

I was not much affected by delayed emails problem as I don't ask for many, but the few Solutions & New Topic I subscribe to are now being delivered on time.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions