Pay as you go – we’re packing even more in

TiffJ
Former EE Community Manager

If you’re on EE pay as you go, get ready for some big news. We’re packing more data and more minutes into our pay as you go packs, without adding a penny to the price.

payg_pack_with_sim_transparent_16x9_960x540.png

What’s happening?

We’re boosting allowances on all our pay as you go packs, giving you more data and minutes, all at no extra cost. For instance, with the £10 Everything Pack, we’re doubling the data and adding 100 minutes of talk. On the £15 Everything Pack we’re doubling the minutes. Our data packs are getting a revamp too. We’re doubling the data and adding unlimited texts to the £10 Data Pack, and on the £15 pack, we’re doubling the minutes and adding an extra 1GB data every month.

Who’s it for?

This isn’t just for new customers. Everyone with an eligible pack will get their allowance increased the next time they renew. So you can stream, talk and text even more every month without spending any extra.

What about data boosts?

Don’t worry, our popular data boost offer isn’t going anywhere. You can still get a free 500MB boost to your data allowance for every three months that you buy packs.

payg_sim_transparent_16x9_960x540.png

Have you got a question? Just comment below and we'll do what we can to help! 

34 Comments
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for the feedback @XRaySpeX

James Smiley Happy

cupcake1978
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

what about the text & talk pay as you go packages, are they included in the allowance boost.  I use the £10 text & talk package, will I get any increase in allowances?

Lee_H
Legend
Legend

Hi @cupcake1978 and welcome to the community.

I will certainly look into this for you.

Many thanks,

Lee

Profile closed
Not applicable

Hi, everybody,

I'm currently using the £15 everything PAYG pack, will I get more data added? Too.

I am a bit of a data junky

Hehe 🙂

Regards:

Robert 🙂

Christopher_G

Hi @Profile closed

Great to see you back. 😄

On the £15 Everything Pack we’re doubling the minutes.

This indicates that the data allowance will remain the same.

I've asked a couple of questions just to clarify. I'll let you know if it's any different.

Chris 🙂

Profile closed
Not applicable

Hi, Chistopher_G, 

Thank you for the prompt reply!

I can see that the minutes have been doubled and really appreciate that!

Do let me know what else you can find out for me.

Kind regards:

Robert 🙂

As mentioned in another text - different subject:

I'm a Data junky so the more i'm able to use the better 🙂

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Test - please ignore!

Edit 1

Edit 2

Edit 3 - now I want to delete this post but can't :(.

Edit 4 to confirm to @Profile closed that it's possible to edit it multiple times.

Profile closed
Not applicable

Hi, XRaySpeX, okey dokey, i'll ignore hehe, is it possible ( yet! ) to edit messages more than once, because this would be very beneficial especially in a Community Blog posting!

Kind regards:

Robert 🙂

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Profile closed: Yes, that's what I've done, edited it 3 times.

Profile closed
Not applicable
Hi, XRaySpeX,
As mentioned before, that's.great 🙂

Regards:

Robert 🙂
cupcake1978
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I am still awaiting an answer to whether the talk & text £10 pay as you go package is eligable to the allowance increase benefits being given.

Please let me know.  I am currently having a few issues with ee at the moment and I am considering changing providers, which would be a shame as I have been with ee for quite awhile now.

Regards,

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@cupcake1978: Please remind me what you think you currently get with the £10 Talk & Text pack?

cupcake1978
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

origionally 250 mins, unlimited texts, 10mb data.  included 5 boosts for 30 days.  But i had earnt 150 mins (3 x 50mins boosts & 2x 512mb data boosts) which had took my mins upto 400 mins (& data upto 1gb data - somehow).

My original package included 5 boosts, but now says 2 which is 2 x 512mb, no mins at all are mentioned.

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

@cupcake1978: I don't think it's changed. It looks like Pay as you go packs - minutes, texts and data has been updated in line with the changes announced above but the Talk & Text packs look the same as ever.

cupcake1978
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Ends in two days.  I have never noticed this before.  All my mins have been used now so will have to buy another £10 text & talk voucher to restart later today.

Will give you a progress report.

Hopefully all will be good, fingers crossed!

Thanks,

James_B

Hi @cupcake1978,

If your boosts don't update when you add your new pack, please get in touch with customer services and a member of the team will be happy to help.

Thanks

James

Profile closed
Not applicable

Hi, everybody!

With financial constraint's and Christmas coming up!

I absolutely love being able to top-up my Ospey mini wi-fi device using the new 15GB's of data, for.90 days rather than the usual 30 days.

It certainly take's some of the hassle out of topping up every 30 days, that's for sure.

Thank you EE for.making this possible.

And a BIG THANK YOU to the Community team for letting me post in this Great community Blog!

Smiley Happy

Kind regatds:

Robert 🙂

Leanne_T

Hi @Profile closed

You are very welcome we love having you around 🙂

Profile closed
Not applicable

Hi, Leanne_T, 

You're welcome ☺

Regards:

Robert 🙂

cupcake1978
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

TiffJ wrote:

If you’re on EE pay as you go, get ready for some big news. We’re packing more data and more minutes into our pay as you go packs, without adding a penny to the price.

What’s happening?

We’re boosting allowances on all our pay as you go packs, giving you more data and minutes, all at no extra cost. For instance, with the £10 Everything Pack, we’re doubling the data and adding 100 minutes of talk. On the £15 Everything Pack we’re doubling the minutes. Our data packs are getting a revamp too. We’re doubling the data and adding unlimited texts to the £10 Data Pack, and on the £15 pack, we’re doubling the minutes and adding an extra 1GB data every month.

Who’s it for?

This isn’t just for new customers. Everyone with an eligible pack will get their allowance increased the next time they renew. So you can stream, talk and text even more every month without spending any extra.

*******Talk & Text hasn't received any allowance increase.  I have just renewed my package and haven't received the doubled minutes which I was promised in a text message to my mobile.

cupcake1978

Lee_H
Legend
Legend

Hi @cupcake1978

Only selected plans are having an increase in minutes and texts.

Many thanks,

Lee

cupcake1978
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Don't understand why I received the text message quoted below from 150 if my package (£10 Talk & Text 30 day PAYG inc. unlimited texts) isn't included to the (quote) "boosting allowances on all the pay as you go packs, giving more data and minutes, all at no extra cost." (end quote)

EE sent this message:
9/9/17 @20:13:-

(quote)"Great news. You will get an extra 200mins and 1024mb every time you buy a pack.
You are also 2 more packs away from being able to add another boost. For more info go to MyEE.

ee.co.uk/myee

09/09/2017

20:13"(end quote)

Why was I sent this if the Talk & Text packages are not one of the selected packs?

James_B

Hi @cupcake1978,

I think that message is referring to the free boosts you have already earned.

Thanks

James

cupcake1978
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Yes James, I believe you are right about that. Looking at the figures it makes sense.  Its just the fact that the total mins have not gone down like that before, they have always stayed at the total number earnt.  Also with it coinciding with the time of the bonus allowance increase offer, it confused me.

Thanks for clearing it up for me.

cupcake