Highlighted
by irish_sparks Investigator
Investigator

wifi calling on dual sim device

Hi everyone.

So far I have spoken to 3 EE representatives and got 3 different answers.

Essentially I need a dual sim device to support wifi calling on both sims. One will be vodafone i.e. work (and I don't expect the EE community to be able to answer that one) but would prefer to keep my EE account.

Letchworth staff told me the only phone that supports what I seek is the Oneplus 6T.

Online I was told the dual sim Samsungs would support wifi calling it as would the Honor 10.

In Hitchin I was told EE do not supply dual sim handsets and they could not guarantee wifi calling on a dual sim device bought elsewhere.

I would clearly welcome a definitive answer as it is beginning to look like my time with EE will be coming to an end if I can't get a definitive answer.

Many thanks :-)

7 REPLIES 7
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: wifi calling on dual sim device

@irish_sparks: How do I use WiFi calling? lists which devices do WiFi Calling on EE. Which are dual-SIM I wouldn't know.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

I have wifi calling working on my iPhone XS with EE (eSIM) and Vodafone (physical SIM).

You just need to make sure it's a supported handset and firmware and unlocked so you can have two different network SIMs. EE do sell the OnePlus 6T with wifi calling and it's unlocked.

IMG_1452.jpg

Investigator

Read more
Thanks XRaySpex - I have been through that list but is seems a bit "old". I'm simply staggered that 3 representatives have all given different answers..... (confused irishman here Smiley Very Happy)
by Legend
Legend

@irish_sparks

The Note 9 works on WiFi calling with dual SIM (slot one). 

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
Investigator

Many thanks Northerner

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi @irish_sparks 

I got the Note 9 dual sim VoLTE & VoWifi works on both line 1 & 2

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @irish_sparks

Welcome to the community. Smiley Happy

I see a few other members have shared their experience with WiFi calling on Dual SIM devices.

I've asked for the help pages to be updated. Smiley Happy

Chris

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.