Highlighted
by suziek Investigator
Investigator

Wifi calling with SM-G357FZ?

Hello,

I've moved house and the mobile signal is almost non-existent. I have heard about wifi-calling. 

I got my phone from EE. Device name of my phone – SM-G357FZ. Android version 4.4.4.

I don’t know what the model is of my phone but the EE instructions given for setting up wifi calling don’t match with my menu options. 

Is my phone compatible for wifi calling?

What is the wifi calling symbol that should display? On one of your ‘community’ pages one of your agents has said it should be a little phone with the wifi symbol above it – I don’t see that.

Thanks in advance for any help someone may be able to give!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Wifi calling with SM-G357FZ?

That's a Samsung Galaxy Ace 4, about 4 years old. It will not support WiFi Calling.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
To phone EE: The local rate landline number 0207 362 0200 or Freephone 0800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
7 REPLIES
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

That's a Samsung Galaxy Ace 4, about 4 years old. It will not support WiFi Calling.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
To phone EE: The local rate landline number 0207 362 0200 or Freephone 0800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Good Afternoon @suziek

I can see @XRaySpeX has gave you great information. 

If your handset is not compatible with WiFi Calling I would recommend speaking with our technical support team who can look at this further for you. 

Let us know how you get on Smiley Happy

Katie. 

by suziek Investigator
Investigator

I did an online chat with EE and the person told me it is compatible, but the response here is that it won't work...!

by Grand Master
Grand Master

I could be wrong. It does have old firmware, Android 4.4.2 (KitKat), & it's not listed in How do I use WiFi calling?

by

Hi @suziek

I have looked into this for you and the Samsung Galaxy Ace 4 is not compatible with WiFi calling. 

I would definitely speak with our technical support team to look at this further for you. 

I hope this helps, 

Katie Smiley Happy

by suziek Investigator
Investigator

Hello Katie,

Thanks for your reply. However, I'm confused as when I provided the same informatio on the EE chat this morning the chat person said ""Gaurav: Suzie, I can see that you phone is wifi calling enabled." Who is telling me the correct information, as this contradicts what you have told me?

Best wishes
Suzie

by

Hi @suziek

I apologise for the incorrect information, however we do not support WiFi Calling on this specific device. 

If you can give us a call so we can gain access to your account to look at other possible options.

Katie Smiley Happy

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.