Contributor

Wi-fi calling oneplus 3t

Why is WiFi calling not available for oneplus 3t

4 REPLIES
by Legend
Legend

Re: Wi-fi calling oneplus 3t

Hi,

Because your phone is not sold by EE as per EE VOWIFI help pages.

WiFi Calling is available on all versions of the iPhone 5c and later models of the iPhone, as well as:

Samsung Galaxy S8, S8+, S7, S7 edge, S6, S6 edge, S6 edge+, A3 (2017), A5 (2017), J5 (2017), Nexus 5X, Nexus 6P, Nokia 3, Nokia 5, Lumia 550, 650, 950, 950XL, HTC 10, HTC U11, BlackBerry Priv, BlackBerry Dtek 50, BlackBerry Dtek 60, BlackBerry KEYone, Google Pixel, Google Pixel XL, Huawei P10, P10 Lite and P10 Plus.

It's only available on the EE version of all other compatible Android and Windows devices which can only be bought directly from us in one of our stores, online or through our telesales team. At present, other Android and Windows devices bought from other retailers will not be able to support WiFi Calling

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @andywee and welcome to the community.

Unfortunately the only devices that are compatible are the one mentioned above by @Northerner.

Please do keep an eye on the wifi calling pages for any updated handset list

Many thanks,

Lee

by Adumass
Visitor

Hello,  a related question. I also have oneplus 3t and am hoping to get wifi calling working. I understand the previous answer about the phone not being supported yet, but my confusion is that I received this text message from EE :

"Great news. WiFi calling is now set up on your phone. You can now use it to make calls and texts over WiFi. For more info visit ee.co.uk/wificalling"

However the option in the phone settings menu to turn on wifi calling is missing,  which I understand is carrier related.

Can you confirm please why I got this SMS if wifi calling is not supported on my phone. I'm hoping that there is some way EE can send my phone the required message to enable the menu option.  Many thanks in advance. 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Adumass and welcome to the community.

The text message you have received is for setting up your account rather than the device.

The device is currently not supported for the function.

Many thanks,

Lee

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.