cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unknown caller

Nightwish
Explorer

Hi.

I recently bought a new phone, a Nubia Red Magic 3 (Android 9.0, about the same hardware platform as a One Plus 7).

I plan to use it on EE, instead of my Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus,  but so far I have a problem. When someone calls me I dont get the phone number or the name, just "Unknown caller".

What I tried so far:

1.  I moved the SIM card into a different phone, it's working properly;

2. I tried a Vodafone and a Virgin SIM with the phone, no problems on those networks;

3. Phoned EE support, they did a Network Reset on my account,  same problem. They also suggested a phone reset, which I did, without using a backup to restore. Same problem. The customer support lady ended up suggesting I should buy a phone from EE in order to avoid this kind of problem.

Wondering if anyone has an idea/suggestion on this matter.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

so I found the answer on xda developers forum for anyone else who is struggling. You have to enter the country code before the number in order for the phone to recognise the contact when taking incoming calls!

View solution in original post

26 REPLIES 26
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Nightwish   If that EE sim works correctly when in a different device then the issue is the new device and it’s compatibly with the EE sim when a in coming call comes.   This is not a network issue but a device/software issue not working correctly with the EE sim. 

Thanks for your input.

I forgot to say I'm also in contact with the phone manufacturer who is providing (slow) support,  hopefully will sort this out.

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hello there @Nightwish

Thanks for coming to the community.

Let us know how you get on 🙂

Leanne.

Sami3
Visitor

I had the same issue on my Red Magic 3

go to settings > Network and Internet > Mobile Network > Advanced (for the EE sim) and disable "Enhanced 4G LTE mode"

I'm having the same issue with the Red Magic 5g - and that menu doesnt seem to be there? 

so I found the answer on xda developers forum for anyone else who is struggling. You have to enter the country code before the number in order for the phone to recognise the contact when taking incoming calls!

James_B

Thanks for sharing your solution @redmagic5g 🙂

James

Hi guys, I got the same problem. I think it's on EE to fix this issue as it seems other network are ok even Lyca SIM works. I definitely will be looking to move once my contract is up with someone else.

James_B

Hi @Antony737800,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Are you having the same issue as the original poster? This issue has been marked as solved.

Thanks

James