by snowdog37 Investigator
Investigator

Top-Up Card is associated with another number

Can I find out what other number this card is linked and can I change the link to my number?

3 REPLIES 3
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Re: Top-Up Card is associated with another number

Hi @snowdog37

Welcome to the EE Community,

You would need to get a new etop up card because once it's been associated with a number it cant be registered again.

by snowdog37 Investigator
Investigator

David

Here's the thing, we only have two phones on EE, the one I use and my son's - his is a contract phone - so never used the Top-Up Card. We were given two £5 Top-Up cards as part of the deal for the phone - I used one. The Top-Up Card I'm having an issue with was straight out of the package - so how can it be registered to another number?

Regards Andrew

by Grand Master
Grand Master

It was you in your OP that said this top-up card was linked to another no. If it is straight out of the package you can link it to your no. by texting ETU + 13-digit top-up card number,  e.g. ETU 0123456789012 , to 150 from your phone.

However I don't understand what you mean by "£5 top-up card". Top-up cards don't have values but are used to top-up by taking them to a shop that does top-ups with some money. They are used to just ID the no.

Could you have meant it is a top-up voucher which do have values? In which case you can top up by texting VO + 16-digit voucher number,  e.g. VO 1234567891234567 , to 150.

That's the difference, top-up cards have 13-digit nos, vouchers 16-digit nos.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.