Highlighted
by snowdog37 Investigator
Investigator

Top-Up Card is associated with another number

Can I find out what other number this card is linked and can I change the link to my number?

3 REPLIES 3
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Re: Top-Up Card is associated with another number

Hi @snowdog37

Welcome to the EE Community,

You would need to get a new etop up card because once it's been associated with a number it cant be registered again.

by snowdog37 Investigator
Investigator

David

Here's the thing, we only have two phones on EE, the one I use and my son's - his is a contract phone - so never used the Top-Up Card. We were given two £5 Top-Up cards as part of the deal for the phone - I used one. The Top-Up Card I'm having an issue with was straight out of the package - so how can it be registered to another number?

Regards Andrew

by Grand Master
Grand Master

It was you in your OP that said this top-up card was linked to another no. If it is straight out of the package you can link it to your no. by texting ETU + 13-digit top-up card number,  e.g. ETU 0123456789012 , to 150 from your phone.

However I don't understand what you mean by "£5 top-up card". Top-up cards don't have values but are used to top-up by taking them to a shop that does top-ups with some money. They are used to just ID the no.

Could you have meant it is a top-up voucher which do have values? In which case you can top up by texting VO + 16-digit voucher number,  e.g. VO 1234567891234567 , to 150.

That's the difference, top-up cards have 13-digit nos, vouchers 16-digit nos.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.