cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Motorola g8 plus WiFi calling

Jfen2
Explorer

Hi, I have recently changed from an iPhone 5s to a Motorola 8g plus. I use WiFi calling at home as signal poor. Since changing WiFi calling drops out during calls with the other end saying they keep missing bits when I speak. If I switch to airplane mode and turn WiFi back on I can make calls via WiFi calling with no problems. My phone is supplied by ee. 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Jfen2   WiFi calling only kicks in if you have poor to no signal. You’ll probably find your device is trying to connect to a cellular signal as it’s probably just strong enough to stop WiFi calling kicking in.  Using airplane mode when at home is probably going to be your best bet.   But try restarting the device and your router.  Leave the the router off for 30+ seconds and if you can try relocating the router to a different location. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Jfen2   WiFi calling only kicks in if you have poor to no signal. You’ll probably find your device is trying to connect to a cellular signal as it’s probably just strong enough to stop WiFi calling kicking in.  Using airplane mode when at home is probably going to be your best bet.   But try restarting the device and your router.  Leave the the router off for 30+ seconds and if you can try relocating the router to a different location. 

Hi, yep switching to aeroplane stops the dropouts .Must be an issue with this model on phone, does not happen on iPhone or another android phone I have. Is there another setting on the phone that could sort it?

I've had this problem on the same phone since working from home. As I'm at home nearly all the time now, I've found using airplane mode, then turning WiFi on works. A Google search found the same issue with lots of phone on many other networks with the same solution.