cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cannot call a specific number

alijcar2019
Investigator
Investigator

I can call all numbers apart from one - happens to be my husband's mobile number, which could be critical!  I can text him, he can call me, he can text me.  He is not on EE.  We have been to his provider today and doen lots of test - the problem is not their end.  We have changed sims into different phones, tried resetting networks etc no joy.

Any one else having these problems?  Any ideas? 

Thanks!

19 REPLIES 19

Hi,

Yes he make make and receive calls to all numbers, including mine.  Have deleted contact tried dialling, have tried putting sims in different phones - no joy! 

Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Thanks for getting back to me @alijcar2019.

I'd recommend contacting our Tech Care team so they can look into this further for you.

If needed, they will be able to raise an investigation ticket to try and get to the bottom of the problem.

Let us know how you get on.

Jon

Hi,

I have already contacted them and not resolved.  Initaily I was told that it was a known EE problem and would be resolved within 2 days,  It wasn;t resolved, so I phoned again and they then said it was not an EE problem and to contact my husband's provider.  My husbands provider have confirmed that it is not a problem their end and due to the way the call falls out - does not even atempt to call it is an EE issue.

I was wondering if anyone had been experiencing anything similar.

I will call the Tech team again and ask for help

Thanks very much for your help

Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Let us know how you get on @alijcar2019.

sarahetaylor22
Investigator
Investigator

Hi

Did you manage to get this problem fixed as we are experiencing exactly the same issue at the moment?

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @sarahetaylor22,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Have you checked to see if the person you are trying to call has accidentally added your number to their block list?

James

Yes, checked it’s not been blocked. Also deleted the contact and added again as a new contact - no change though. Texting still works. 

No I never resolved it - got new phone number now!

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @sarahtaylor22

Did you check the block list on both phones? Is the other person on EE too, or another network?

Chris

Oh no! Thanks for the update though 🙂

Sent from my iPhone