cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cannot call a specific number

alijcar2019
Investigator
Investigator

I can call all numbers apart from one - happens to be my husband's mobile number, which could be critical!  I can text him, he can call me, he can text me.  He is not on EE.  We have been to his provider today and doen lots of test - the problem is not their end.  We have changed sims into different phones, tried resetting networks etc no joy.

Any one else having these problems?  Any ideas? 

Thanks!

19 REPLIES 19
BrendonH
Community Hero
Community Hero

What network is your husband on?

Did he get the number with that network or did he port it in, if so which network did the number originate from.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Google Pixel 8 Pro Obsidian Black (Android 14)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

What are the 1st 5 digits of his no?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Profile closed
Not applicable

Has he accidentally blocked your number on his Call app? It is possible... It's worth him looking in his Call Settings at the list of numbers he has blocked. If your number is in there he'll just have to unblock it.

It is A1 - an Austrian network - the number is from them.

We are both out in Austrai currently

It is an Asustrian number so starts in 0043 664 27

I have no probelms calling any other Austrian numbers

No - this was the first thing we checked. Plus I can send a text message and he receives so can't be blocked

Profile closed
Not applicable

Sorry I thought it possible, but a long shot. I know it's possibly to block calls but allow texts so I thought it worth checking. And you already had of course. 

I was able to call the number in Dec, but have been unable to call it Jan onwards.  We have been in Austria all that time, and nothing else has changed - not sure if that helps!

Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Good Morning @alijcar2019.

Is your husband able to receive calls from all other numbers?

Could you try deleting him as a contact and clearing your call history, then call again?

Jon