Home signal poor

Hi everyone

Poor signal at home for making calls.

Samsung galaxy s9 & 10 both suffer

According to EE signal checker

4G indoor/outdoor

3G outdoor

2G indoor/outdoor

Inside house 4G signal sitting at one bar and cant make phone calls goto window or door and it's fine.

Wifi calling enabled but I gather from a bit of research it wont enable while I have cellular signal,  so I'm stuck either going into flight mode to enable or flipping to 3G signal that seems ok within my home?

This has been going on for around a month.. what can I do to resolve this?

Cheers

23 REPLIES 23
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: Home signal poor

Hi @Patters1978.

Welcome to the community.

Could you try checking your postcode in our Network Status Checker, rather than the signal checker?

Jon

by Patters1978 Investigator
Investigator

Have tried that and I have a problem in my area.

But as I have stated this has been going on for well over a month

by

The engineers will be working to get the problem resolved as soon as possible, @Patters1978

If you sign up on the status checker, we'll send you updates as we get them.

If you'd like some more information about the specific problem, I recommend speaking to our Tech Gurus.

Chris

Investigator

Right so problem fixed by ee and my postcode is now clear of any issues..

Still cant make a call inside

Like I said

by

Good Morning @Patters1978

We recommend allowing up to 72 hours for full service to resume after a issue has been fixed. 

Katie 🙂

by Cheryl234 Investigator
Investigator

You're lucky to have any signal at all! 

I have been in what EE call a dead zone for over 20 years and the service is still no better from home than it was when I moved here!

They obviously haven't got masts in the right place or strong enough, to service everyone .......as Mr Bacon tells us they can!

My post code is DN39 6UG

Investigator

Okay I will wait another 3 days.

After waiting them 3 days will there be another waiting period when I dont get good service?

by

Hi @Patters1978.

Full service should resume within 72 hours, if you sign up for updates on the network checker and if there is any future faults or maintenance you will be notified.

Katie 🙂

by Dack1999

I never ever have more then 1 bar signal nothing to do with the phones. Local EE store constantly rammed with people complaining about signal. I would never recommend anyone to EE. They always say be sorted soon. Truth is they dnt know the problem. 

Investigator

One bar is lucky I'm sitting here with zero bars!

Which I dont really care about because I have home broadband which is faster and more reliable but because I get a signal wifi calling will not work! Which is stupid.

So I cant make or recieve calls at all sitting in my living room.

It has nothing to do with any maintenance work locally as it's been going on for a month but I will entertain what EE say.

Question is what happens if it is poor signal not because of a fault? I'm 4 months into a 2 year contract!

by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Depending which model of phone you have, WiFi calling works in one of two ways...

1: WiFi calling will kick in when your mobile signal is below a certain level, but will push you back to mobile coverage if it deems the signal strong enough. If you're in a fringe location as it sounds you are, this can be problematic.

2: WiFi calling kicks in providing you have WiFi enabled, period. Some would say it's better, but then if you leave WiFi on, then you'll find calls routing over that WiFi when you'd rather they use mobile.

In short, older phones use method "2", as far as I know all iOS devices and newer Android phones use method "1".

The cheats method if you're stuck on method "1" but would rather use "2" is to turn flight mode on at home, and then WiFi on afterwards. That way, you force no mobile signal and so WiFi calling. Just means you need to toggle flight mode on/off when you leave home - that's gotta be your choice but does work....

by Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

Check under settings > connections > wifi > 3 dots in the top right > advanced > switch to mobile data.

If this is turned on, switch it off to see if that stops your connection switching between wifi & 4G, the theory being it should stabilize.

Investigator

Katie

Still no signal inside my house phone calls not connecting or being missed

Been well over 72 hours no current faults in my area.

What now

by

Hi there @Patters1978

Thanks for coming back and keeping me updated. 

I have sent you a private message for further information. 

Speak soon, 

Katie 🙂

by Louw12 Investigator
Investigator

My daughter has got an IPhone  11 for Xmas an the signal is terrible ! She can’t send or receive what’s app messages can’t loads anything ! She can barely make a phone call ! Iv Checked the area’s coverage an no problems shown! I got her this phone to be in contact with us for safety reasons an now she can’t even message us let alone call ! 

by

Hi @Louw12.

Welcome to the community.

Does the phone show any signal at all?

Is she having problems in one location or everywhere she goes?

Jon

by Louw12 Investigator
Investigator

It’s poor where ever she goes ! At home she can connect to bt internet so that’s ok. But the reason I got the phone was for outside of the home use .
by Louw12 Investigator
Investigator

It shows one bar of signal. An it doesn’t seem to work anywhere unless at home connected to bt internet 

by

Thanks @Louw12.

Do you know any other users on EE who are experiencing similar issues?

Have you tried restarting the phone?

Jon

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions