by Profile closed
Not applicable

Re: Digital interference on IPhone XR

Hi, 

Just wondering if there’s been any progress on this? I have an iPhone 6s and want to upgrade shortly, but not keen to do so if it ends up being a nightmare for phone calls...! 

Thanks. 😊

by Hayleystinson Investigator
Investigator

No not yet, I might wait if I was you, complete nightmare when on calls. I spoke to EE Friday who say they are waiting for an apple update 😡

Sent from my iPhone
by Profile closed
Not applicable

Ach! As I thought the case might be 😒 but thanks for your reply @Hayleystinson - will hold off for a bit.

by Amh0187 Contributor
Contributor

Re: Has anyone been hearing an electronic interference like a piano?

Has there been any update on this at all? 

This happens across more than one phone (corporate contract and personal) 

Please can you advise how this is progressing! 

Investigator

No not yet, we’ve found the only way to chat is using WhatsApp it that uses up all your data. So you can’t win 😡

Sent from my iPhone
by Alijohn1965 Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Same here, still not resolved. I upgraded too and still no solution. WhatsApp seems ok though

Sent from my iPad
by Amh0187 Contributor
Contributor

Yeah I’ve upgraded from an X to an XS MAX and my other half from an 8 Plus to and XS and both in the latest 12.1.4. Here’s hoping that 12.2 on Monday evening fixes it!

If not our upgrades will be going back and networks will be changed!

Sent from my iPhone
by Iwm
Visitor

We've been having this problem for months now. Two iPhone 8+ on a business contract where we can rarely hold a conversation is not good.

Contacted tech support who had never heard of the problem (seriously?), supplied with two new SIMS which failed to solve the problem, turned off WiFi calling to no effect.

This is problem occurs without using any Bluetooth car kits or any other accessory's, it happens when solely using the phones.

It happens when moving or stationary, it can happen at any geographic location (in the South East anyway) and can only be heard by one of the caller's when the tones happen.

It can also happen at any time of day and whether the cell signal is strong or weak.

The problem only manifests between the two iPhones and has never happened when calling other networks.

We need a solution quickly now, please can you update us as soon as possible.

Established Contributor

Hi
Same here, just upgraded to the xr, but still have the same issues. They are saying it’s an Apple issue and we are awaiting the next update to see if it fixes it.
I have tried all the fixes. None have worked for me at all.
All EE to EE calls too.
Keep reporting is what they are saying as the more reports the more they can plot the issue. Very frustrating though. WhatsApp calls are not meant to be affected so you could try that. However as you say shouldn’t have to really should we!

Sent from my iPad
by Keith8177 Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

This is happening to me too exactly as people are reporting it. Loud screeching noise but can only be heard between EE calls and only one one end of the call. 

Its really about time that EE sorted this out because if I get earring problems then EE won’t be looking forward to the solicitors letter. Let’s hope they have good insurance.

by
EE Community Support Team

Good Morning @Keith8177.

Have you reported this to our Tech Gurus?

At this point we are still advising individual users to report it and get an incident ticket raised.

Jon

by Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

Now ios 12.2 dropped today (successfully updated on an iphone xs max without issue) be interesting to see if you are still all experiencing the problem.

Ive been following the thread out of interest, but im in the south west of the country, and never had an issue calling other EE users between an XS MaX and 7+ / 8 etc devices.

Not to say people are not experiencing an issue as more threads are popping up on this all the time, but could this be an issue in the south east only ?

Investigator

I’ve done the update and the noise is still there. Now what ??????

Sent from my iPhone
by Jbob2
Explorer

To the above poster

Had the other person also updated as I guess both sides will need to update if there is a fix applied?

Established Contributor

Oh no really. I did too, and yes it happened again. I was hoping it was because my son hasn’t done the update?
Well like you say, what now????

Sent from my iPad
Investigator

I suppose we have to wait and see when everyone’s updated theirs. After that I don’t know what to do 😴

Sent from my iPhone
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Not sure an update will do much good if it's the codec that EE are using for EE to EE calls, unless Apple remove it. EE could easily fix this themselves.

Established Contributor

Hi, thank you for replying
so what is codec? And are you saying that this could be fixed then?
Many thanks

Sent from my iPad
by sammyj1985 Investigator
Investigator

Hi

I've started to have this same problem also, it started 3 weeks ago.  I have an iPhone X on EE.

Its really annoying and i have to end the call.

This needs to be sorted i pay you £75 per month so don't expect to not be able to make calls.

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@sammyj1985  If it was me, I'd be phoning EE and raising a complaint. That way, the right team will be involved and they may be able to get someone to help.

@Alijohn1965 a codec is the compression scheme that helps transmit your voice across the EE network. It would appear that EE are using a newer one than other networks, which has a problem. When both iPhones select this codec it looks like there's an issue, when you call off net to another iPhone a different codec is used, which doesn't have this issue.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.