by Alijohn1965 Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Re: Has anyone been hearing an electronic interference like a piano?

Hi,
I wasn’t aware she had called them, but yes I turned noise cancellation off, didn’t make any difference. It’s on calls to my daughter and my son. All of us are EE. All of us have iPhone 8 and X can be when I call them, they call each other or when they call me. Also when my daughter calls her husband. Can be in the car or house, or anywhere. Technical Team are aware of it. They know the issue is with some not all iPhone 8 and above, all EE to EE.

Sent from my iPad
by Hayleystinson Investigator
Investigator

I have an Xs max which I upgraded a month ago, before that I had a 7 plus. The noise didn’t exist then. I really hope they fix it soon. Doesn’t happen on WhatsApp audio call.

Sent from my iPhone
Established Contributor

Yes Hayley I really hope they resolve it soon. I have an 8. It’s been fine up until this! Let me know if you hear anything and vice verse. Thanks for you help!

Sent from my iPad
by
EE Community Support Team

Good Morning @Alijohn1965

Thank you for keeping us updated :), 

Fingers crossed it's not much longer!

Katie

by MartyBarber
Visitor

Yes but only when I speak to my daughter ! We both have iPhone 8 Plus on EE. It doesn’t matter where I am ... home or car... I end up having to cut the call off and redial as it goes on for ages! I’m hoping it gets sorted sooner rather than later . 

Investigator

Let me know if you get it sorted, my son rang me 10 mins ago. We gave up on the call. Really is getting irritating 😠

Sent from my iPhone
Established Contributor

Hi, yes it is very annoying, it happened to me again today when on calls to my son and daughter. Both at home, both on 4g, I was 3G . Had to hang up in the end and redial. Yes I hope it gets sorted soon. It’s affecting my ability to call and keep in touch with my family. I live in Wales and they live in Portsmouth, so I rely on my phone massively. Let me know if you get any resolution. I will keep you posted

by

Good Morning @Hayleystinson and @Alijohn1965.

Thank you both again for your patience.

I experienced a similar issue a few weeks ago with noise interference on calls to certain people.

Turning off 4G calling has resolved this for me and stopped any interference, have you both tried turning this feature off in settings on your own phones?

If possible, could you ask the recipients to try this too as it could be their phone which is causing the noise?

Hope to hear back from you soon.

Jon

by garymort Investigator
Investigator

I have exactly the same problem when speaking to my wife. We both have iPhone X’s and have just moved to EE from GiffGaff. We didn’t have this issue with GiffGaff so it’s an EE specific problem. Very frustrating. 

by

Hi @garymort.

Welcome to the community.

Have you tried turning off 4G Calling?

This is done by going into Settings, Mobile Data, Mobile Data Options, Enable 4G, then selecting Data Only.

Let us know how you get on.

Jon

by garymort Investigator
Investigator

Hi Jon, I can try that on both mine and my wife’s phone but would that be a temporary fix until the real issue is rectified?

by

Hi @garymort.

This would be a short term fix for both phones.

I'd recommend contacting our Tech Gurus to get a ticket logged so that they are aware you are having this issue.

Jon

Investigator

Totally frustrating, we have 6 of us on EE. It happens on practically every call we make now

Sent from my iPhone
Established Contributor

Yes and us. All of us again today! 4 in total all on EE😡

Sent from my iPad
Established Contributor

Hi, 

thank you. But we already have. Nothing they have suggested has worked. Just waiting now fir a fix as they are still looking into it. Let’s hope it’s not too long now though as what’s the point of being with EE if you can’t call? Thanks again

Established Contributor

Hi

We have all tried that and it hasn’t worked I’m afraid. It happens on 3G WiFi all types of call. In the car at home out and about. 

Sorry

Established Contributor

We have tried that and it has not worked

sorry

Established Contributor

I’m sorry this is not meant with any offence but what’s the point of paying for 4g if you can’t use it? That was the attraction initially wasn’t it, the ability to use this technology. The fixes that are being suggested aren’t working!!

very very frustrating

thanks again though

by

Good Morning @Alijohn1965.

Thanks for coming back to us.

The fix that has been suggested should help a little temporarily, but won't be a permanent fix.

I'd recommend contacting our Tech Gurus and letting them know that you're still having this problem so they can raise an incident ticket.

Jon

Established Contributor

Hi Jon,

thank you. I have already contacted them though,last Saturday. So they are aware that I’m having a problem. I was told that there was going to be some kind of meeting on Monday 4th February where they were hoping there would be an update. I’ve heard nothing since. All they’ve suggested is all the fixes mentioned which have not worked. They also said make a note of calls, whether it’s 3 or 4g WiFi etc and time, who hears it, location etc. I can’t do any more than I am doing! I think really it’s now up to EE to sort this out for us all once and for all. Many thanks

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.