by
EE Community Support Team

Re: Has anyone been hearing an electronic interference like a piano?

Thanks for the update @Alijohn1965.

The examples that you are gathering including the location will be a massive help to the investigation. The Tech Gurus will be able to use these to pinpoint where the problem originates from.

Did they say if they were going to call you back?

Jon

by garymort Investigator
Investigator

I contacted tech support earlier who advised me to go to an EE shop and have my sim two way tested. I doubt it’s a brand new sim (and my wife’s) at fault though. 

by Hayleystinson Investigator
Investigator

Let me know how you get on with that please. Fingers crossed.

Sent from my iPhone
by

Let us know how you get on with that @garymort 🙂

by Alijohn1965 Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Hi,

yes please let us know. I am not convinced that it’s that though.

would be a bit strange if all of us, me after 18 months developed a sim issue?

by Lupo
Explorer

Strange noise during call

//Repost as for some unknown reason my first attempt was falsely marked as spam. Smiley Mad

I have an iPhone XS, over the last two weeks me and my partner (who has an iPhone X) have been having a strange issue where we can hear weird noises during a call. 

The best way I can describe the noises is very quiet tones which almost sound like 8-bit music. However this can suddenly spike to very loud screeching tones which can be very unpleasant when we are using our headphones. 

This only seems to happen when making telephone calls, me and my parther have tried Facetime calls and calls using apps like Facebook Messenger and have not encountered this isssue. 

At first I thought it was signal related, however the issue occured during a call earlier today and both me and my partner had full signal. 

Has anyone else had this issue?, can anyone advise what might be causing it and how to fix it?

by Mark201071 Investigator
Investigator

Hi Everyone,

I have been experiencing exactly the same problem for the last few months and it only occurs when speaking to my Wife or Son who are both on EE. We all have different variations of IPhone and it happens the same as previously described. I use my phone for work a lot and never appear to have this problem when calling anybody else? Be very keen to hear what the EE guys in store have to say!

by garymort Investigator
Investigator

Think my wife and I will end up cancelling our contracts under the 14 day initial period as we never experienced this with GiffGaff (o2) and have never had so many dropped calls. Shame really as I was hoping for something special after hearing so many good things about EE 4g. 

Maybe it’s a case of if it isn’t broke then why try and fix it. 

by

Hi @Mark201071

Does it happen when your wife calls your son (or vice-versa)?

Chris

by

Sorry to hear that @garymort.

Did you manage to get to one of our EE shops? I'm sure they'll do their best to help.

Chris

by garymort Investigator
Investigator

I’m due to visit one either tomorrow or Sunday as I’m still in my 14 day period. I’ll get them to do a two way sim test but I’m not holding any hopes that the issue is that. Reading how people have had this issue for a while will force me to cancel the contracts while I can I think. 

I have the problem when I phone my wife or my wife phones me (EE to EE) We experience it in different locations too. I don’t experience the same issue when phoning other people not on EE. 

by

OK, sorry to hear that, @garymort.

Please let us know what happens.

Chris

Investigator

Hi, apparently it’s a software issue with apple that will be cured on the next update. Fingers crossed 🤞

Sent from my iPhone
Established Contributor

Hi Hayley,

Thats great, so did you call them, and do they know when the next update is? It’s been horrendous this week. The first noise is deafening! Many thanks.

by Mark201071 Investigator
Investigator

No it only happens between calls from me to either of them!?

Investigator

They said it would be within the next 2 weeks. If you haven’t rung them, it might be a good idea to, just to log it with them, I was only on with them a couple of minutes.

Sent from my iPhone
Investigator

I think it’s a problem apples end not EE

Sent from my iPhone
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Re: Strange noise during call

Do you experience this issue in one particular area or do you get it happening in all different places?

I'm no expert on this, but it does sound like its a mobile network issue to blame. Reason been, you mention Facetime, Facebook messenger you don't experience the issue. This is due to the call getting routed differently to a normal telephone call with these two.

Pop the postcode in for the area you experience the problem (for example if you are experiencing the issue at home, use you home postcode) into the EE Service Checker and see if any issues are shown in your area. If they aren't, then it might be a good idea to give customer service a call on 150, and ask them to get someone to look into the issue.

EE Service Checker

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Re: Strange noise during call

Is it the same as being discussed here@Lupo?

Established Contributor

Hi,

thank you! 

I have already rung them, so they are aware.

lets hope this fixes the issue!

thanks again

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.