by Robolovsky Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Re: Has anyone been hearing an electronic interference like a piano?

@Leanne_TCan I just ask one more time why the constant advice from the Community Support Team is that we spend more and more time going back to the tech team and telling them that their solutions aren't working. There are now five pages on this thread with more posts coming in all the time. It is obviously not area specific as posts have come from several different areas. The advice to change the sim is likewise not working for anyone and turning off 4G and WiFi calling just isn't a solution it's damage limitation. All the information the 'gurus' need is in this thread they should read it thoroughly and act accordingly, it's been going on too long.

by Hayleystinson Investigator
Investigator

Yes very frustrating, everyone is getting fed up with it when they ring me, so I’ve taken to ringing on WhatsApp, it doesn’t seem to happen then. I spoke to EE they said the recent update was not to cure it and they would be another one soon. 😑😑😑

Sent from my iPhone
by Alijohn1965 Established Contributor
Established Contributor

So true! I get so frustrated answering them, when like you say all the answers are in this thread!

Sent from my iPad
Established Contributor

Not the sim as I only got that st the weekend. However it’s not worked, calls again from both my son and daughter had to be terminated due to the interference. But they suggested I turn 4g off, but when I checked it was already off, so that hasn’t worked either. How many of us need to tell you this before you listen? I’m sorry but I am seriously fed up now. I will look for another network once my contract is up. This is rubbish!

Sent from my iPad
Established Contributor

Please read the thread!

Sent from my iPad
by
EE Community Support Team

Good Morning @Alijohn1965.

I'm sorry to hear this is still happening for you and your family.

Our Tech Gurus can raise investigation tickets using examples provided of the issue.

They may not be able to fix it straight away on the call, but they can raise it off to be investigated further.

Jon

by jbharakda
Explorer

SO I had this a few months ago and then it stopped but my partner kept getting it ...but guess what mine is back this morning ! The apple fix didnt resolve the issue ! 

by

Hi @jbharakda.

Welcome to the community.

I'd recommend contacting our Tech Gurus.

They will be able to investigate this for you individually and raise an incident ticket if it's needed.

Jon

by jbharakda
Explorer

@Jon_Kwell that was a waste of time being asked if I was on wifi calling or 4g I cant say I checked but will have to keep an eye not sure if a ticket was opened I know this problem has been there for almost 3 months I think the question here is what are you guys doing about it that it has taken so long ... one thing I can say for sure is this only happens on EE to EE calls not to any other networks

by

Hi @jbharakda.

Our Tech Gurus will usually need a few examples of the problem, including the location you're in, date and time, recipients number, and if you're on 4G, 3G, or WiFi calling.

This will assist them with any investigation that they conduct.

Jon

Established Contributor

@Jon_K Please read ALL of this thread! There are plenty of examples and details of what regions this is occuring in and they are many and varied. Your tech 'gurus' need to read the whole thing and act accordingly. Please stop telling us to contact them, we have already explained what is happening right here. It also seems to happen on 4G, 3G and WiFi calling so come on please get your guys to read the thread and do something about it. These are not isolated instances and to be frank we should all be able to use our devices to the full all the time and get clear calls without having to turn off any of the features.

Highlighted
by Hayleystinson Investigator
Investigator

Well said and I completely agree πŸ˜ƒ

Sent from my iPhone
by

Hi @Robolovsky.

Our Tech Gurus will need as many examples of this issue as possible so they can see that it's not area or frequency based.

They wouldn't be able to take much from this thread as there isn't any account access on the community and they would need account access to investigate.

I'm sorry you feel that information is being repeated, but as new users join the thread we need to make sure they have reported their problem.

Jon

by Mark201071 Investigator
Investigator

@Robolovsky I could not agree more! There are more than enough instances on this thread to indicate there is a real problem @Jon_K in the vain hope you are not just a chatbot, this clearly needs escalating! I pay a significant amount of money to EE every month for 3 phones and can't even hold an eligible conversation with either my Wife or Son, which somewhat defeats the object!

Established Contributor

@Jon_K My point is that it is obvious from the posts here that it is not a region specific thing nor a frequency specific thing. It is a problem across the board for many people using iPhones. One thing that is clear is that the problem does not seem to occur with people using iPhones before version 8. In my case this only started happening after the upgrade from SE to 8 and many people have started having the issue after similarly upgrading to 8 or above.This neds a full investigation by EE as quickly as possible as it only seems to be happening between phones on their network.

by

Hi there @Robolovsky @Mark201071

As @Jon_K has advised we do need this reported to our Tech Guru's.

If you call us on 150, the team have account access to get this investigated and get all the information they need.

Thanks, Leanne.

by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Happens to both my wife and I on iPhone 8, both on VoLTE and VoWIFI. We're in Glasgow.

It's infrequent, but slightly annoying.

by

Hi there @ewanrw

If you can report this to our Tech Guru's, they will be able to get this looked into for you.

Leanne.

Established Contributor

Jon have you read this thread at all???? 

Established Contributor

Here here I’m shocked at how no one from the team are reading this thread in its entirety! 

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.