by Alijohn1965 Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Re: Has anyone been hearing an electronic interference like a piano?

Hi, 

Apparently it is a software issue apples end, so should be resolved with an update due in the next couple of weeks.

i can honestly say this is the only issue I’ve ever had with EE! And it’s not even their fault, so I’d hang fire if I was you. Customer service here is excellent, best I’ve ever experienced! Been with most all providers over the years. 

Good luck!

by AB24
Visitor

high pitched screech On handsfree

How do I fix a high pitched screeching noise on my phone when calling hands free from the car to another iPhone on EE. Only one of us hears the noise which sounds a bit like feedback on a speaker. And it only seems to happen when calling this 1 iPhone.

by TechnicalL
Explorer

Re: Strange noise during call

Hey, if you speak to their technical team on the phone they should be able to tell you more but I had the same issue it’s to do with how the newer iPhones and the servers 4G and WiFi calling use are communicating with each other and they’re working on a fix just now. 

You can stop it happening in the meantime whilst outdoors by going to settings > mobile data > data options and putting your 4G to data only 

by Robolovsky Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Re: Strange noise during call

So glad to read this thread. I have just posted one of my own regarding the self same problem. My wife and I have had the issue ever since upgrading from the iPhone 5s to the 8 a few weeks ago. Let's hope it is resolved soon.

by Abdabs1

I’ve had exactly the same issue, only while calling those on EE! It’s driving me bonkers...was there any resolution to this after? Only similarity is that I am also in Wales.. so it may be a Welsh thing 🙈

by Robolovsky Established Contributor
Established Contributor

No not just a Welsh thing. I'm getting it in the South East of England. My understanding is that it is Apples problem and that they are looking to fix it in a future update.

by Hayleystinson Investigator
Investigator

Hello, I’ve just done this so called update on my phone, and it hasn’t fixed it for me 😆

Sent from my iPhone
by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Cant say i have had this issue. Im using an xs max purchased outright from apple after i traded in my old phone, and been on ios 12.1.2 up to the latest version.

Does it happen with speakerphone on and off during calls ? does it happen if using bluetooth headset ?

Apologies if this has been suggested but try the following

Go to your settings -> general -> accessibility-> scroll down to 'phone noise cancellation' and turn it off. Try calls with it toggled on or off.

Also are you using some sort of case which could cause echo or feedback ? as weird as it sounds try taking the phones out of any cases and making a call.

Established Contributor

Hi, it is apparently an issue with Apple. There is supposed to be an update which will address the issue coming soon. I was hopeful that the update this week would sort it out, but it hasn’t. I’ve tried noise cancellation etc. Nothing has worked. Very annoying. It is some, not all, iPhone 8 and above. It’s on all types of call handsfree, WiFi, loudspeaker, 3G, 4g. All EE to EE. It ruins calls to my children. We end up having to cancel and call back. Sometimes you just try to sit through it, but it is very intrusive and loud at times. Sorry, I appreciate any suggestions. But as I say it’s an Apple Issue. Thanks again

Sent from my iPad
Established Contributor

Nope nor me

Sent from my iPad
Established Contributor

Yes my children live south east England and I live in West Wales so not connected yo area

Sent from my iPad
Highlighted
Established Contributor

Lol, no my children are both experiencing it too. Both live in South East England

Sent from my iPad
by Laverick90

Omg I’ve been having the same issue for the last few months! I’ve serched everywhere and just found this thread! I’ve got an iPhone 8 Plus on EE and never had this issue before! My girlfriend has the same phone and we get the same issue! We are in the south east

by Hayleystinson Investigator
Investigator

Welcome to the world of electronic noises 😆the only way I combat this is to use WhatsApp for making calls. I suppose apple will sort it out eventually.

Sent from my iPhone
by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

It is a strange one indeed, not seen mentions of this on other mobile provider forums, but from what people have described its almost like some sort of EMI possibly on the bands that EE are using , especially if only one party in a call hears it or when both people hear it ie both are on the same band etc. Again ive not had any issues since ~ 17th Jan with iphone xs max in the south west of the country. You would think if it was an Apple issue then all handsets would be affected ?

Be interesting from EE perspective if they mapped all users affected if this is just one particular area of the country experiencing the issue or could it be a core network equipment issue etc, time will tell.

by Scholarly Contributor
Scholarly Contributor

I've heard it on a few occasions, but not often. And I'm android 4gee. I always put it down to the EE systems' traffic. 

I'm a no nonsense savvy customer. This is why I'm with EE.
I've previously been with 121, T-Mobile and Orange.
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi there @Laverick90

Welcome to the community.

Have you reported this to our Tech Guru's?

Thanks, Leanne.

Established Contributor

Hi Hayley, yes still happening isn’t it. I called agin last weekend and was sent a new sim. Still happening and I was advised to turn 4 g off. But when I looked it’s not on anyway. So I’m really sceptical that’s it’s an Apple issue. There was an update but that didn’t help either. And surely if it was Apple it would be happening on other networks and it isn’t. My son calls me and I am the only one he experiences it with. It’s dreadful as you have no choice but to keep ending the call and calling back. Very frustrating 😡😡😡😡

Sent from my iPad
Established Contributor

Yep my son and daughter are in South East England, I’m in Wales. It’s dreadful and I think it’s about time it was sorted to be honest! Sane here been happening a few months

Sent from my iPad
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Alijohn1965

Have you let the team know these suggestions have not worked?

I would suggest speaking to us again so we can get this looked into further.

Leanne.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.