by Alijohn1965 Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Has anyone been hearing an electronic interference like a piano?

Over the past month or so myself, my son and daughter have all been hearing an electronic interference when on calls. It sounds like a high pitched shriek and then mimics a piano going up and down a scale. We are all on EE. Other than that, I can’t think of any other similarity, as it happens when I’m on calls to them, when they are on calls to each other and when my daughter is calling her husband. It is only one of us that can hear it, so sometimes I can hear it and other times them. You have no alternative but to end the call and call back. It isn’t just when on hands free in the car either, it’s when we are out, in the house, anywhere really. Can anyone shed any light. We all have iPhones, myself and daughter an 8 my son an X. Many thanks

165 REPLIES 165
by Legend
Legend

Re: Has anyone been hearing an electronic interference like a piano?

Hi @Alijohn1965

I sometimes have something similar when ringing a kcom line, but a restart sorts it. If you have the same problem in more than one location then it's maybe your line so you need to speak to CS whom might say it's the SIM (unlikely).

I would try backing up and restoring your device first to establish if the problem is firmware related. 

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
Established Contributor

Hi, I have restarted my phone and the problem has persisted. Thank you though. I am going to ask my children to join this discussion as well. It’s a strange one, but it is really interfering with my calls.

Sent from my iPad
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Alijohn1965

Welcome to the community. 🙂

Just a couple of questions:

Are you all connected to WiFi? Could you try again with this feature switched off?

Also, could you check if there are any network maintenance works in your area?

Thanks

Chris 

Established Contributor

Hi Chris, thank you , but no it’s nothing to do with the WiFi as it happens when we are all out and about, so if I’m out and I call my daughter and she is out, it happens regardless. 

Established Contributor

And yes we could do I suppose, but wouldn't someone from EE be able to check that for us? I live in Wales and they live in Waterlooville Hampshire  

by

Good Morning @Alijohn1965

If you wish for the team to look and this I would recommend giving our technical care team a call. 

We don't have account access here on the community but our technical team will be happy to look at your specific area. 

Keep us posted with how you get on, 

Katie 🙂

by Hayleystinson Investigator
Investigator

Hello I read your message and I have exactly the same problem. I have called EE and they have even supplied me with a new phone. Still the same. Have you sorted it since you posted your message?

Established Contributor

Well, I’m not sure. My daughter was told to turn off noise cancellation. Which we’ve done. So just waiting to see tbh. But so far so good. I’ve called both of them today and it’s not happened. But I’m not counting my chickens yet. But it’s worth a try if I was you. Stay in touch and let me know if it works!

Sent from my iPad
Established Contributor

Hi, thank you. I have checked fir both our areas and it says there are no known problems etc at the moment

Investigator

Thank you it’s worth a try. I will let you know if it’s works

Sent from my iPhone
by

Hi @Hayleystinson,

Welcome to the community,

Did you get a chance to try @Alijohn1965 fix to see if that works for your device too?

Please both come back and give any updates for us on the community 🙂

Alex

Established Contributor

Alex I’m sorry it didn’t work! Called my daughter this morning and she heard it her end. So fox is not a fix
Really frustrating!!!
What can I do now?

Sent from my iPad
Established Contributor

Hayley, I’m sorry to say it’s not worked as I called my daughter and she heard it her end. I’m really stuck to know what to do though as it’s hindering my ability to call anyone. 

by

Hi @Alijohn1965

Thanks for coming back with the update.

Has your daughter had the same issue when she has called anyone else?

Or have you tried to call any one apart from your daughter and had the same issue this morning?

I guess we need to check to see where the issue lies and on who's line. 

Did you make the same changes on your phone as your daughter made when she called our technical team yesterday?

Alex

Investigator

It really is getting annoying isn’t it. I’m hoping it’s something ee is aware of and will sort it out.

Sent from my iPhone
by

Hi @Hayleystinson,

The posts yourself and @Alijohn1965 have written this morning is the first I have heard of this issue.

If all effected customers contact our technical gurus then the issue will be logged on each account so EE have an idea of who is experiencing the issue.

Have you contacted the team to advice the replacement handset hasn't fixed the issue?

Alex 🙂

Investigator

Hello Alex
I did speak to your technical department, and it hasn’t been resolved. From wiping the phone to them supplying a new phone it’s still the same problem.

Sent from my iPhone
by

Hi @Hayleystinson

I'm sorry you haven't managed to get the issue fixed as yet.

I would suggest contacting them again to let them know the resolution isn't working so they can continue to look into the issue for you.

Alex

Highlighted
Established Contributor

Hi both,
Yes I also contacted them today and they are aware of it. They said that they are still looking into it.
Suggested a couple of quick fixes such as turning off 4g for calls not data and also turn off WiFi calls.
Appears to be some, not all ,iPhone 8 and above. All on EE.
Very helpful. I just hope it’s fixed soon.

Sent from my iPad
Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.