by
EE Community Support Team

EE Voicemail: All you need to know

Voicemail is set up as standard for EE customers but is it free? Does it work abroad? What is Visual voicemail? Read on to find answers.

Is my voicemail set up already? 

Voicemail is set up as default for all EE customers.

If you’re having any problems activating voicemail or if people can’t leave you messages, try texting “VM ON” to 150.

This will activate your voicemail divert and give the person calling you an option to leave a voicemail.

How do I access my voicemails?

There are a few ways you can listen to your voicemails on your EE device:

Option

Actions

Press and hold 1 or select voicemail (on an iPhone this is within the phone icon app) or dial 222

If you are calling from another phone within the UK dial 07953 222222 or +447953 222222 if you are calling from abroad

If you are calling from another phone you will need a voicemail PIN. To set this up call your voicemail (as above) and select option 3 then option 3

For help on voicemail for a particular phone model, go to our phones and device Help page where you can find more detailed information

Please see our EE Voicemail Help page for help on setting up a voicemail PIN.

How long will my voicemails be available for?

• Your voicemail can store a maximum of 50 messages, up to 8 minutes each.

• New messages are stored for 21 days and after you've listened to them, they can be saved and stored for a maximum of 7 days.

If a voicemail message hasn't been listened to you'll receive a free text alert to let you know it's about to be deleted. Voicemail messages are deleted automatically after 21 days.

Will I be charged for using my EE Voicemail?

What are voicemail diverts and how do I turn them on or off?

A voicemail divert is a setting that gives the person calling you an option to leave a voicemail.

If the setting is switched on, callers will have this option. If they are switched off, they won't be able to leave you a message and the call will either keep ringing or not ring at all if you're unreachable.

How to manage your voicemail diverts:-

• Text VM ON to 150 to switch voicemail diverts on from the UK.
  • Text VM OFF to 150 to switch voicemail diverts off from the UK.

Do I need to do anything if I'm going abroad?

Depending on where you're travelling to, you may be charged for someone leaving you a voicemail.

If you have an active roaming call allowance, this will be deducted from your minutes.

You may want to turn diverts off if you’re going abroad.

Destination

Will I be charged for someone leaving me a voicemail?

Within the EU/EEA

No

Outside of the EU/EEA

Yes - You will be charged the normal

incoming call rate for the country you're

in.

For information on a specific destination,

please see our handy roaming tool.

If you call the voicemail number to retrieve a message, you will be charged the outgoing call rate for the country that you're in.

We recommend setting a voicemail PIN up before you leave the UK. You may need one of these to access your messages, depending on the roaming network that you connect to.

You can find information on how to do this on the EE Voicemail Help page.

Visual Voicemail - iPhone only

Visual Voicemail is a way to scan and manage your voicemails easily and instantly on your iPhone screen.

To get Visual Voicemail set up on your iPhone you’ll need to check a few things first;

Once you have this you're ready to go.

To activate Visual Voicemail text “iPhone Visual” to 150; you’ll get a text back when this has been set up.

If you’d like some more information on this, please see our EE Visual Voicemail Help page.

The EE Voicemail Help page is a brilliant place to find out more information about voicemail, including added security.

If you have any questions please tap the reply button below and ask away.

3 REPLIES 3
by DanTheMann
Explorer

Re: EE Voicemail: All you need to know

How do I deactivate voicemail. I do not require this service. Without voicemail, people won't be offered the chance to leave me a message, and this is my preference. Voicemail was free when I purchased my phone and I was with One To One, and I do not want to pay EE as I didn't ask to be with them. Thanks.

by DanTheMann
Explorer

Think I found the solution....

Text VM OFF to 150

Hope it works!

by
EE Community Support Team

That's right @DanTheMann, texting VM OFF to 150 will turn off your voicemail service.

James

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.