cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conference calling

Kshah786
Visitor

How pathetic is it that ee have removed conference calling, rang up

to be told is it to protect customers, and have to go to a lengthy process of dialling a number entering a pin to be told this way is better because you can listen to music lol.. with todays technology, can’t even use my iPhone as it was designed to be able to merge calls is the most diabolical thing I have ever heard. Definitely moving networks when contract is up

25 REPLIES 25
Steven20
Explorer

What an absolute joke i will also be terminating my plan, literally they withdrew the facility and never told anyone.

Absolutely ridiculous i am literally on the phone to cancel my contract

Conference calling is working for me..

I just dial 

07953 966 666 

Lol that is funny you dialling another number to join a group call is not the same as being able to merge 2 calls received 

No offence its a crap service and it certainly not the same as being able to merge 2 calls together 

I use this facility everyday in my small business to merge client calls with business partners and have been using it successfully for many years. Somehow call merging has stayed active on my account even after the discontinued it as a service (which proves the capability is still active in EE's systems) but I've been told if I upgrade I might lose the functionality. 

It's an absolute joke that a company the size of EE can not get their head around the difference between a Group Calling feature and the extreme benefits that call merging offers. Asking a client to call a number and enter a PIN to join a group chat, then asking an agent in a partner business to do the same is preposterous.

I understand this is due to security and to prevent fraud but I'd happily pay £5 extra per month as an add on, such is the impact this has on my business.

I'm very close to moving from EE due to this so that's another 2 handsets & £1200+ per year lost, but let's be realistic they don't give 2 hoots about losing customers and as long as they keep attracting new ones why would they?

Rizu
Visitor

Completely agree with you!

I just upgraded and the conference call function has been removed! I need it every day for work! It's absolutely pathetic that they have taken this away!

I asked to be put back on my old plan only to be told apparently it can't be done!

Then they recommend some pin nonsense to call up some other number! What!? 

PATHETIC!

I will change min as well and will join 3betwork

Agreed with .join 3network

Astonishingly short sighted. Only removing an easy free service to replace it with a more complex chargeable service. Total rubbish. Get the CEO to look into this.

You really need to look more carefully at this and the fact you have made this badly thought through change points up a worrying problem in your business if you did not realise how annoyed this would make users. How did you test this? Your systems need a deep clean.

You talk about group calling as if it is easy and what's the problem? If you cant see that then that is the first problem! And a second is that witgh your complicated system all users have to actively stop what they are doing at a pre-set time (and if you know anything about time management you will know that impacts people's work for a minimum of 15 minutes beforehand) and at an appointed time have to actively dial a number that they must retrieve or somehow access (bear in mind that they will be doing other things and this is disruptive for them) and they then need to do the same with the code number. And then need have faith someone will join them and wait.

With call merge the person being merged does none of that they can just informally and easily be joined into a call on an ad hoc basis. Only ONE person has to organise it. This is a MAJOR problem and EE needs to re-think this and bring back merge calling and do it SOON. 

This kind of client unfriendly thinking is symptomatic of the kind of groupthink you get in tired businesses and your client businesses won't want their service providers (EE) to be in that category as I am sure you understand. So please take a hard look at this.