by ahennessey Investigator
Investigator

Calling Abroad Add On

Can someone please tell me how to get the Calling Abroad add on? I need to call the USA using my pay as you go mobile, can't find a way by text or online. Thanks in advance.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Calling Abroad Add On

Text CALL ABROAD to 150.

International calls & texts to overseas nos. from UK can be rather expensive but EE has a free add-on that anyone, on PAYG or contract, can apply for to give these calls & texts at a fraction of the standard rates. See The Free CALL ABROAD Add-on for Cheap Calls/Texts from UK .

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
6 REPLIES 6
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @ahennessey,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Please see How do I make cheaper calls and texts abroad from the UK

Hope this helps.

James

by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Text CALL ABROAD to 150.

International calls & texts to overseas nos. from UK can be rather expensive but EE has a free add-on that anyone, on PAYG or contract, can apply for to give these calls & texts at a fraction of the standard rates. See The Free CALL ABROAD Add-on for Cheap Calls/Texts from UK .

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

Thanks @James_B, I had already tried this... instructions on the link page say to text CALL and the country name. Had tried this; the text I got back was a list of words 150 recognises -- and this isn't one of them 😞

Investigator

Thanks @XRaySpeX -- the text needed was CALL ABROAD (as you posted). The rates were helpful too. Thanks again.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi there @ahennessey

Thanks for coming back and letting us know.

Glad you got this sorted 🙂

Leanne.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Thanks! You're welcome 🙂 ! Glad I could be of assistance & it is now sorted.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions