Broadband & Landline

Post here to ask/answer questions around home broadband and landline

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Need Help with Your Home Broadband Speed or Connection?

To effectively help you with any Broadband speed or connection issues we would need to see some hard data about your line after carrying out a few short tests for starters, which will enable us to diagnose the problem and advise you further.   Using ...

NTE5_fl NTE5_all_2 Capture.JPG Capture2.JPG
XRaySpeX by Grand Master
  • 2 replies
  • 10 Helpful

Changing Your WiFi Password on a Smart Hub

You may have seen in the News that some ISPs have had a security breach whereby their users' routers WiFi passwords have been hacked. You might want to change the WiFi password of your EE Smart Hub router in case a similar attack is made against EE's...

XRaySpeX by Grand Master
  • 7 replies
  • 12 Helpful

Smart hub not working

I got my smart hub Wi-Fi router yesterday and it worked fine then around 1am it randomly stopped working I’ve done everything I mean everything factory reset it turned off and on at wall all cables are in the right places checked my modem and still n...

KaseyH01 by Visitor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 Helpful

WiFi keeps dropping out and using all data

If I’m at work or home I’m usually connected to WiFi, but the last 2 months the WiFi keeps dropping out and I have to keep logging back on, and then it drops out again within less than a minute. I don’t realise this is happening with the frequency so...

Extend my wifi via ethernet cable

I have an outbuilding with an ethernet connection point but no Wi-Fi coverage.. My ee Smart hub is in my home with the ethernet connection to the outbuilding just behind it. How do I get Wi-Fi in my outbuilding -Does ee do a Wi-Fi hardwired extender?...

orboyts by Contributor
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Helpful

No Fibre available

Tonight I called up BT as I'm moving home soon and it turns out there's no fibre or any decent speeds in my new area. To save my gaming mad kids going mad she offered me the box that you can take anywhere with unlimited data for £50 per month. Now sh...

Recent changes for using own modem/router?

Hi, until yesterday I successfully used my own modem (DrayTek Vigor 130) and router (Asus  RT-AC86U). However, for no apparent reason it stopped working as of yesterday. Modem and router seemed to work fine(no issues indicated by LEDs or something si...

asbestian by Investigator
  • 10 replies
  • 6 Helpful

Wi-Fi Signal Causing No Signal

I’ve got my EE router located in my living room and whenever I sit in that room I can’t get a Wi-Fi signal, it also kills my 5g signal and makes my iPhone 14 Pro Max unusable.Wifi and 5g signal are fine when not in the living room.Can anyone suggest ...

Hlvd by Investigator
  • 5 replies
  • 1 Helpful